Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 11:12 AM

Re: The return of the dissident IRA

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Maybe not but Joe is referring to something that happened in 1971. Surely he needs to get over it.
I'd go back much further
Back to the Pope Alexander 3rd & his predecessor Pope Adrian 4th who "gave" Ireland to the English in the 12th century.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by robert junior ->
i'd go back much further
back to the pope alexander 3rd & his predecessor pope adrian 4th who "gave" ireland to the english in the 12th century.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Perhaps all the Irish living in the uk will go back there and take you with them .
Liverpool will be deserted!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 03:01 PM

**some posts have been removed, we do not allow videos which promote terrorism.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A young woman shot dead in Northern Ireland.

It has achieved absolutely nothing, a young life lost for what?

I despair, I really do.

She was totally innocent, not armed and incapable of defending herself.

Just what is the point of such violence?

It is so, so wrong.

I agree entirely Swim.

The funeral of the young journalist Lyra McKee is taking place today and it is heartening to see people and politicians
from all sides taking part.

I hope this sends a message to the despicable people who killed Lyra that there is a new generation in Ireland now who have turned their back on violence and want no part in it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 04:11 PM

I have always maintained that anyone who now lives in the UK should be able to decide for themselves (on a democratic basis) whether or not they would like to become independent of the UK.

Currently, only the English and Welsh seem happy with the status quo.

The Scots, or at least those who voted for the SNP, would appear to be unhappy with their membership of the UK and would like to have an independent Scotland. Fair enough. Personally, I'd prefer Scotland to remain with us. Not only do I have a number of Scottish friends, but Scotland has been a distinct asset to the UK as a whole.

The Irish don't seem entirely happy either. I know some Irish people who are very nice, but it seems to me that there is still a great deal of anger in Ulster (and that includes part of the Republic, of course). Despite our glorious politicians giving the IRA everything they want, including a 'free pardon' whilst attempting to persecute our own soldiers who were doing the job they were ordered to do, they are still angry that the North is still part of the UK. They feel that the Anglican people of NI are wrong and that they should all be forced to become part of the Republic and, no doubt, be compelled to become Roman Catholics while they're at it.

As far as I'm concerned, both Scotland and NI should become independent of the UK if that's what they want.

Whereas Scotland is, as I said, beneficial to the future of the UK, I'm afraid that NI is a liability.

If it were a financially viable proposition, I'd agree to reimburse all the good people of NI who are proud to be members of the UK to relocate to the British mainland. The rest - the troublemakers, the terrorists and the whingers - are welcome to become part of a united Ireland.

I believe that they'll never be happy with anything. Let them cause trouble on their own island and let's be shot of them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by meg ->
**some posts have been removed, we do not allow videos which promote terrorism.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 06:16 PM

Thinking about the title to this thread I don't believe that "dissident" is correct. Nor "return".

Replace "return" with "resurgence" and simply drop "dissident" and the title would then be very much closer to reality.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Maybe not but Joe is referring to something that happened in 1971. Surely he needs to get over it.
Maybe Joe could disappear again, so we don't have to listen to his terrorist supporting nauseating drivel......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 09:09 PM

*** some posts have been removed, please stay on topic.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top