Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 01:50 PM

Re: Poor old Diane

Originally Posted by Judd ->
But however ill-conceived, the law is the law and can't be seen to favour one section of society especially those of the well off, those in authority or political class while prosecuting those of lesser influence.
I wasn't suggesting it should Judd, I was just pointing out how cross I would be if I was in the same position as her. I don't need a drink, but if I wanted one I don't see why I should be denied just because some drunken yobs couldn't control ,their drinking habits!

Before this law I was on the Carlisle to Settle journey & they offered bottles of wine for the travelers to buy & drink!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wasn't suggesting it should Judd, I was just pointing out how cross I would be if I was in the same position as her. I don't need a drink, but if I wanted one I don't see why I should be denied just because some drunken yobs couldn't control ,their drinking habits!

Before this law I was on the Carlisle to Settle journey & they offered bottles of wine for the travellers to buy & drink!
Isn't it ever thus in any walk of life? Those that go out to work to pay the taxes that subsidise the indolent for example? Nothing fair about that but it's something we're forced to put up with. I could think of some more but it's a warm day and I'm off out.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Seems like a good idea to me too but that article is nine-years old. Was the item developed and used and did it deter anyone if so?
Check out Snopes!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

High incidence of drunkenness on Tubes, complaints and hence the ban.

She is Shadow Home Secretary, no excuses.
Oh, but she has an excuse: politicians are above the law.
Didn't you know?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A Shadow?.....You can call Diane Abbott a lot of things, but 'Shadow' isn't one of them...

More like a 'Total Eclipse'.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, but she has an excuse: politicians are above the law.
Didn't you know?
And thick.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-04-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-ra...-axe-hopes-so/

Snip :

"Sonette Ehlers, of South Africa (the rape capital of the world), has invented an anti-rape device that goes by the name, Rapex. The device is basically a female condom with teeth lining the inside that work just like the protective spikes in a parking garage… You can go in, but whatever you do, don’t back out. The teeth are angled so they allow penetration, but bite like a shark as the penis is removed; supposedly causing so much pain that it will give the woman a chance to escape. Further, according to Ms. Ehlers, “the device will need to be surgically removed at a hospital"!

Snopes he say no.

Sounds a good idea though. Ideal for masochism fans!
Yes, I've heard of them. Great invention!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 02:57 PM

Of course it can be civilised to have a drink on the rain .
But drunks are nasty and apt to pick on the vulnerable .
I have been twice on a train with threatening drunks .
Young ignorant men who would be better off for a good thumping .
But they don't get it because they target older people women or vulnerable people with children .
The rest of the traveling public are good at turning the other cheek they don't want to get involved .

Guards are like hens teeth on the train so who is likely to deal with them ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But they don't get it because they target older people women or vulnerable people with children .
The rest of the traveling public are good at turning the other cheek they don't want to get involved .

I have also encountered a drunk woman on a train and would happily have thrown her off between stations.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

I know what you mean, but it appalls me that the actions of few spoil it for everyone else.
Perhaps we should lock them in one carriage and not let them out till they have cleaned any mess they have made. If they have to stay overnight we could arrange for an alarm to wake them... in the shape if a large loud Drum!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top