Join for free
Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:47 AM

Re: Allocated car space.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Oh, I see, in Oz, it can be a romantic notion "Taking a Walk down Dunny Lane".
Everybody to their own I guess. Nice that some residents have put these to good use though, despite man's usual quest for his own space. That hardly seems possible in a country as big as Australia, but it obviously happens in the cities.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:50 AM

I'm confused about this, Pauline.

Is this space a part of your own property, or part of a shared area for a number of homes where people can come and go as they please? In other words, is the space actually owned by yourself?

If it's a public space, or on a public road then it's not yours to claim ownership tbh.
If it is your land, clamp them (or see if you can get a sign made up with words to that effect).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Caltrops work. A few caltrops say a thousand words. Easy to make from a couple of 100 mm nails spot welded and the heads removed and sharpened to a point.

https://www.caltropsecuritysystems.c...caltrops-j736d

They can be imported at a cost of around $1 each plus p&p. Cheaper to make them or even have them made though.

They worked for us immediately after we moved in where we now live and straightway found we had problems.
Good heavens a bit medieval AD .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good heavens a bit medieval AD .
Lol! I'm imagining Pauline rigging up some kind of Middle Ages rack device in her garage as we speak
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We found her crying one day.

Not on, problem solved.

You made my Mum cry, now make me cry scumbag.

That is what sons do, look after Mum.

I am not as nice a man as the Pope.

After reading parts of your posts,I will take them with a pinch of salt,...did you say law enforcement!...hmmmmmm!.

My son looks after me,

By "beating the crap out of someone"!!..how great is that,supposedly coming from a law enforcement officer,...you need to be taken in for questioning!.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-04-2019, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
After reading parts of your posts,I will take them with a pinch of salt,...did you say law enforcement!...hmmmmmm!.
His posts are certainly rather cryptic if nothing else.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

My son looks after me,

By "beating the crap out of someone"!!..how great is that,supposedly coming from a law enforcement officer,...you need to be taken in for questioning!.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	takenliamneeson-745188.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	9374  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Bruce, everyone knows what a dunny is, and what a lane is, but what the heck is a dunny lane, and why is this lane 32 and a bit feet from your drive?
It's all to do with history, I live in an old established area so every property has a lane running behind them where the dunny truck would come each week to change the dunny cans in the days before pump outs or sewers. They appear on council (and Google) maps as "Unnamed Lane". The lane is right against my fence line whereas the side and front fence is about 10m from the curb (which is a lot of bloody mowing I can tell you)

Actually the dunny is still shown on the council plan of my property though it was gone before I bought the place.

My garage is at the bottom of my garden and I live on a corner block so I have three fences with road/lane borders.

NSW road rules state that you can not park within 10m of a road junction. (they even provide a picture)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2019.04.24_11h49m48s_001_.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	9376  
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:11 PM

Can you not install one of these Pauline?

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Very true, Spitty.
Going off-piste now.

Why is it that practically everybody refers to Spitfire by, well anything but Spitfire.

Any ideas El Spitola.

Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top