Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:55 PM

Re: Are we set to become a Republic ???

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The problem is many don't appreciate the freedom we have in this country. We have free voting not told who we must vote for. We can travel anywhere in this country without being questioned. To top it all we also have the best real ale of any country.
Go to Russia and all you get is Vodka, a drink that doesn't even have any colour.
Err, there's a selection of very good alcoholic drinks to be had in Russia.

As for ravelling wherever we want here, that is increasingly being curtailed. Only a little bit yet and only where there's unrest but it's started.

Democracy here? As if. Our electoral system is anything but democratic.

Actually Russia today is so far removed from when it was part of the USSR as to be almost unbelievable. Even in the days of the USSR things there were very different from how it was described in the MSM.

That's just to set the record straight BTW.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 10:00 PM

Not when we were in Russia 2 years ago. The bear is still worrying adjoining countries
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The same old, same old tired argument from the hard of thinking who clearly do not understand what democracy means.
If she stood, which I doubt she would and if she was elected, which I doubt given all the vested interests right wing press that would be spewing their hatred against her for their dullard readers to swallow and believe, then she would be our rightful, democratically elected head of state.
I think there will be seismic changes to this sceptred isle when Mrs Windsor or hubby passes on.
Charlie will have his work cut out, unless he takes the path of his Great Uncle David Edward V111
Devo I don't agree with much of your post but I am enjoying your style of writing, confident,interesting, a bit mischievous and with clever asides.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I think there will be seismic changes to this sceptred isle when Mrs Windsor or hubby passes on.
Charlie will have his work cut out, unless he takes the path of his Great Uncle David Edward V111
Devo I don't agree with much of your post but I am enjoying your style of writing, confident,interesting, a bit mischievous and with clever asides.
I agree about Charlie. He has been in training for seventy years but still hasn't quite got the hang of it.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The problem is many don't appreciate the freedom we have in this country. We have free voting not told who we must vote for. We can travel anywhere in this country without being questioned. To top it all we also have the best real ale of any country.
Go to Russia and all you get is Vodka, a drink that doesn't even have any colour.
There you have it then: the choice is between EITHER fawning over a gaggle of poxy in-breds OR a tyrannical police-state.

Your lack of imagination is staggering.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
We desperately need to become a republic. The millstone round this country's neck for ever is the monarchy, the symbol of privilege and demanded deference, the keystone of the whole sorry class structure and the straitjacket that traps everyone here in an atavistic set of imposed values that bear no resemblance or worth to reality.
In a country where many people live in imposed poverty and sickness, to give hundreds of millions of pounds to this overpampered, wealthy by inheritance, bunch of parasites and scroungers is nothing short of criminal.

I can't disagree with that .
I am not a royalist and belive in meritocracy not a lottery of birth.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree about Charlie. He has been in training for seventy years but still hasn't quite got the hang of it.
It's must be a pain living under his old Ma and Pa who refuse to die .
Still a different man might have made a difference to the job such as it is .
He's really too old now .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
it's must be a pain living under his old ma and pa who refuse to die .
Still a different man might have made a difference to the job such as it is .
He's really too old now .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top