Join for free
Page 291 of 370 « First < 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 01:51 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I'm looking forward to your report, Ruthio, and more importantly hope that your bloodwork is just routine. Let us know how your pedometer works.

Five miles this morning was just what was needed to get ready for a day of appointments and another few hours in the car as I'm off to meet my sister for dinner.

Have a fine day.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 04:19 PM

4.9 miles!!
Must admit it was a longer slog than I'd anticipated!
The first half through the park was nice, but then a busy main road, and then a steep hill down and up
But I did it!!

P.S. the blood check is pre- colonoscopy (oh joy!)...I get routinely monitored every few years, so no complaints here re NHS.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 04:32 PM

That's amazing, Ruthio! Well done! Pleased to hear the pedometer did it's work.

Ugh, the necessary evil of the colonoscopy. It's routine here too, every 5-10 years. They nearly killed me last time with the one-size-fits-all prep solution, but that is too gruesome to elaborate . I am sure Lord Ruthio is grateful that you are taking care of yourself, and I wish you smooth sailing!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's amazing, Ruthio! Well done! Pleased to hear the pedometer did it's work.

Ugh, the necessary evil of the colonoscopy. It's routine here too, every 5-10 years. They nearly killed me last time with the one-size-fits-all prep solution, but that is too gruesome to elaborate . I am sure Lord Ruthio is grateful that you are taking care of yourself, and I wish you smooth sailing!
Whatever I say will be a pun so I'd getter keep quiet!
Suffice to say that being a semi-colon doesn't make things any easier, you'd think it would!
When they ask if I'd like any sedative I always reply yes please the legal limit and then some!
But I stay awake because I watch the screen, I'm nosy like that
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

15-05-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
whatever i say will be a pun so i'd getter keep quiet!
Suffice to say that being a semi-colon doesn't make things any easier, you'd think it would!
When they ask if i'd like any sedative i always reply yes please the legal limit and then some!
But i stay awake because i watch the screen, i'm nosy like that
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 04:48 PM

Hi

I am concentrating on flexibility, on instructions.

I can touch my toes, but the target is get my palms flat on the floor.

New physio is not best pleased with me walking round with 20 kilos.

The look on her face was a picture.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 09:54 PM

Further to the call from the hospital regarding problems with the liver blood tests I found this article...

"Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2291230/

It would have the same results with women, too, I would assume. On Saturday I did a hefty workout (by my standards, anyway, lol) and I had the blood tests taken on the following Monday. I just thought I'd mention this in case it has a bearing on the problem, and in the hopes it might help someone in here.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 06:04 AM

Hi

Exercise as all about being as fit as you can.

It is a great feel good factor.

To my mind it is all about being able to do as much as you can, it improves your quality of life.

I had my big injury when I was 38, two years later, told I would never work or walk again.

I was back at work, part time, different job, two years later.

Ten years later I was backpacking, with a leg brace and watching Tigers in wild.

My injuries have come back to haunt me, a fact of life.

I still exercise every day.

Exercise is essential to make the best of your life.

I am nothing special, at all.

There is a young lady on my course.

Horrific Injuries, she has beads of sweat on her forehead when she makes a coffee.

She exercises 5 hours a day and is a laugh a minute.

She is an inspiration, she really is.

I will never be an OGF, Floydy or Surfermom.

Exercise has however allowed me to enjoy life to the full.

It is important, so post no matter how little you can do.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Enjoyable visit to the gym this lunch time, with 950 calories burnt (new record) and scored 91/100 for the session. Figures below are totals for the session, and they were broken up into sets as I did them.

Hip Abduction: 180 x 30kg (getting better)
Stomach Crunch: 120 x 50kg
Back Extension: 120 x 50kg
Tricep Extension: 125 x 30kg, 40 x 35kg (more reps on this one)
Pec Deck: 145 x 40kg, 20 x 45kg (more reps on this one)
Shoulder Press: 30 x 15kg
Chest Press: 90 x 40kg
Pull Down: 80 x 50kg, 40 x 60kg
Leg Curl: 80 x 30kg (improving)
Leg Extension: 60 x 25kg (improving)
Arm Curl: 50 x 20kg, 20 x 15kg
Low Row: 20 x 45kg, 60 x 40kg
Leg Sled: 90 x 80kg
Leg Adduction: 130 x 25kg (most reps so far)

Stamina held up nicely and I actually went shopping for a few things afterwards. I feel like a nap now though, lol.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

18-05-2019, 03:35 PM

Swimfeeders,what an inspirational post. The woman with whom you are exercising is an inspiration - as you have always been. You hit the nail on the head; exercise makes you feel better. Sleep, energy, well-being, and more are among the countless reasons that if you are doing what you can, and use your own present condition as your benchmark for improvement or just getting out there, then the benefits will come.

That was a surprising article, Tachyon. I'll have to read more about that.

It's about to rain so I have to get out there before the gods of thunder and lightning catch up with me.

Enjoy the day!

Page 291 of 370 « First < 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top