Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 09:53 AM

Re: Living too long

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think some people want to shuffle off their mortal coil not because their bodies have worn out or they are in insufferable pain, but because of negative mental attitude...
Negative mental attitude.
You say this OGF as if it is something that is the fault of the person that if they just changed their NMA all would be well.
Just like changing a pair of socks .

What you describe as a negative mental attitude is depression

Depression is a serious illness just as much as any other it just can’t always be seen .

And it is the reason why many people many young and healthy commit suicide every year .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 09:56 AM

I definitely don’t want to die, l want to live forever. I don’t feel l am sitting in God’s Waiting Room.
It was bad enough making a will. When l had to read through the document and saw the front page of the will, l was filled with sadness that one day it would come true.

For now, l will keep upbeat and hope l can live to at least 100. Then l can come on here and swank my letter from the Queen......Oh, hang on...how old is she now?

It might come from the Beckhams or the Blairs if we become a Republic!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 09:58 AM

Making a Will is always a bit traumatic .
After all it’s an admission of our mortality.
However it’s more traumatic for those we leave behind if one dies intestate.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I beg to differ ladies.....Look after you body and it will provide you with years of efficient service......Now lets not hear any more negative thoughts on this forum...

Looking after ones body...through exercise...does not guarantee ,years of efficient service.

It fact in some cases it can be detrimental to ones health.( over the top exercise)

In moderation..it may help...depends a lot on ones genes,I believe.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 10:13 AM

I am 92, I still have all my faculties though I have slowed down quite a lot due to the old body not wanting to do what my brain tells it to do. I have Arthur Itis as my constant companion and at times am in agony.
I know that my days are numbered but I am going to fight with everything I have to stay alive. A lot of folk say "I don,t want to live forever" I do.
I want people to say of me in 50 years time "By Heck!! He looks good for his age"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Looking after ones body...through exercise...does not guarantee ,years of efficient service.

It fact in some cases it can be detrimental to ones health.( over the top exercise)

In moderation..it may help...depends a lot on ones genes,I believe.

That’s true about exercise Pauline many top athletes have all sorts of problems in later life .

I agree about the genes .

People who live long lives generally but not always have parents who lived long lives .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 10:39 AM

People who complain about other people doing exercise are usually those who are too lazy and don't get enough themselves.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
People who complain about other people doing exercise are usually those who are too lazy and don't get enough themselves.
Very true Floydy
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 10:45 AM

People who are "obsessed" with exercise ...have got a screw loose.

I hate them pushing their over fanatical ,push ups on to me.

Then they have the nerve,to moan about God botherers.

Exercise botherers,we can do without.

I exercise...but I don't keep..."preaching" about it to everyone else.on how many push ups,or miles I have ran in a day...

Obsessive exercise ,is "BAD"...any sane person knows...it will "not" prolong a life,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
People who are "obsessed" with exercise ...have got a screw loose.

I hate them pushing their over fanatical ,push ups on to me.

Then they have the nerve,to moan about God botherers.

Exercise botherers,we can do without.

I exercise...but I don't keep..."preaching" about it to everyone else.on how many push ups,or miles I have ran in a day...

Obsessive exercise ,is "BAD"...any sane person knows...it will "not" prolong a life,
Pot and kettle spring to mind......

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top