Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 12:20 PM

Cost of a Litre

Had no choice but to put fuel in at the local village service station this morning, now I remember why I don't do this very often. £1.66 per litre of diesel, couldn't get my breath, has anyone paid more than this?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 12:39 PM

Re: Cost of a Litre

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Had no choice but to put fuel in at the local village service station this morning, now I remember why I don't do this very often. £1.66 per litre of diesel, couldn't get my breath, has anyone paid more than this?
That is really expensive! Yesterday I looked to see what diesel was as I am sure prices increase every time the schools are on holiday. Half-term here right now and price for diesel is £1.32 a litre.

Even more of a shock is if you convert these to cost per gallon (multiply by 4.54609). The cost per litre seems to 'hide' this but it's how we used to buy fuel:

£1.66 a litre equates to £7.54 a gallon

£1.32 a litre equates to £6.02 a gallon

Extortionate isn't it and the majority of it is tax!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 12:41 PM

when I first learnt to drive petrol was 4 gallons for £1, how things have changed
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 12:58 PM

Hi

Oil is priced in Dollars.

The £ has sunk since the Brexit Vote.

Get over it, it is a price we have to pay.

We also have to pay Tax for what we get in Services.

There is no such thing as a Free Lunch.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
when I first learnt to drive petrol was 4 gallons for £1, how things have changed
Yes, like everything else to do with owning and running a car nowadays. Recently I worked out the depreciation since new on my now six-year-old VW Golf. That was quite a shock to know.

The trade-in price I was given would have been for either another new VW Golf or a very low mileage VW, this worked out to be approximately £47 a week depreciation. Add that to the cost of insurance, fuel and servicing and it's getting just too expensive. What other choice is there though when buses are few and far between in rural villages?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, like everything else to do with owning and running a car nowadays. Recently I worked out the depreciation since new on my now six-year-old VW Golf. That was quite a shock to know.

The trade-in price I was given would have been for either another new VW Golf or a very low mileage VW, this worked out to be approximately £47 a week depreciation. Add that to the cost of insurance, fuel and servicing and it's getting just too expensive. What other choice is there though when buses are few and far between in rural villages?
Never fear Baz! HS2 is coming to the rescue!!! LOL?
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That is really expensive! Yesterday I looked to see what diesel was as I am sure prices increase every time the schools are on holiday. Half-term here right now and price for diesel is £1.32 a litre.

Even more of a shock is if you convert these to cost per gallon (multiply by 4.54609). The cost per litre seems to 'hide' this but it's how we used to buy fuel:

£1.66 a litre equates to £7.54 a gallon

£1.32 a litre equates to £6.02 a gallon

Extortionate isn't it and the majority of it is tax!
This is an age old problem !Baz, When they( who are they?) decided
to build St Pauls cathederal the then king raised the price of coal
by a couple of factors to save him from pawning the crown jewels?
so of course we tnen got the fire of London because the rabble could
not afford coal so they burnt the floor boards!!
Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 01:32 PM

Don't know about diesel, but I just filled up at Tesco's garage this morning, and it was £1.21 ltr - that was petrol though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 04:21 PM

I never look at the price per litre tbh. I just stick twenty quids worth in and that's that.
Baz46

18-02-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Never fear Baz! HS2 is coming to the rescue!!! LOL?
Donkeyman!
Somehow I doubt a suitable parking space will be found for that while
I do my weekly shopping at the supermarket!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top