Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 08:13 PM

Re: PAYPAL gripe

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

d00d - PM me your address and you can have my old PAYG phone wot we have just replaced (you pay postage of course). It's sans SIM but you can pick one up at Tesco fairly cheaply I believe. The phone case is a bit sticky because I spilt orange juice on it but, other than that, the phone still works.
Nice gesture Percy old chap, but I prefer to be phoneless.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Call me old fashioned ....

I've never used Paypal, I've never used Ebay. I buy things over the internet using debit card. I thought Paypal was primarily (not solely) a payment method for people with no bank account.
I use Paypal wherever possible. Using a card to pay online is likely to be OK but if a company gives the option of Paypal, it means one less place that I have to type my card numbers into.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I use Paypal wherever possible. Using a card to pay online is likely to be OK but if a company gives the option of Paypal, it means one less place that I have to type my card numbers into.
Absolutely.

Initially I was a bit peeved when Ebay insisted on everybody offering Paypal as an option (Ebay owed Paypal) but over time I have used it more and more purely for its convenience and safety. Now I wouldn't be without my Paypal account

As for not having a mobile phone - it is madness not to do so. They are far cheaper than a landline and far more convenient.

No need to carry anything else but a mobile phone these days, it's your credit/debit card, driving licence, shopping list, map, telephone directory and your communication gateway to the world (literally).

Even better when you do not want to be disturbed you can turn them off or put them on silent. Sure you can lose them but you can lose your wallet and your wallet doesn't have a security system. What's not to like?
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:21 AM

I have a mobile but not a smart phone.
And prefer to pay though PayPal as an extra security when buying on line.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top