Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 06:39 AM

Boris and Covid.

Hi

We have not done well.

However you look at it, even given the different ways of counting it.

https://truepublica.org.uk/united-ki...-in-the-world/

The impact in our Finances is also one of the worst in the World.

I am no Tory, I do not believe that Corbyn would have done any better.

What I am convinced of is the Tory Government has many better Leaders than Boris.

David Davies and Rishi for example, both committed Brexiteers.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 03:29 PM

Re: Boris and Covid.

Agree

Boris has made a pigs ear on this and caused more deaths than needed.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 03:32 PM

I don't like to criticise too much as it is a first time , every leader has been thrown in the deep end and had to struggle to deal with this co-vid. We don't know if another leader would have done better.

But I do admit to feeling like Boris has lost his way ..is blundering along and now sounding very out of touch.
He's not been the same since he came back after having had Covid. Perhaps he's not totally recovered? Perhaps he's too distracted cooing over his new little son?
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 04:06 PM

It's easy to slag him off............personally I think he's done a very good job.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 04:56 PM

Boris can only act upon the information he receives. He is no expert but then no one is. I still trust Boris more than I would any Labour PM but his downfall will be Cummings and Castlegate.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't like to criticise too much as it is a first time , every leader has been thrown in the deep end and had to struggle to deal with this co-vid. We don't know if another leader would have done better.

But I do admit to feeling like Boris has lost his way ..is blundering along and now sounding very out of touch.
He's not been the same since he came back after having had Covid. Perhaps he's not totally recovered? Perhaps he's too distracted cooing over his new little son?

Well said Morti.

I also think that if you don't like someone to start with, they won't do any good in your eyes whatever the poor buggers do.

Don't forget Boris was also new to the job, it's not as if he had been PM for years, plus he was ill as Morti already said.

How many people here could walk in such a powerful job and within only 7 months in their new job, have all the answers to so many serious nightmares?
And on top of all that, now this terrible black v white hatred to deal with too.

All this was sprung on all of us out of the blue. What time would anyone have to prepare for such a tidal wave of serious things to deal with.

It's easy to criticise, but unless you could do better, maybe just think it over a bit more first.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by mups ->
well said morti.

I also think that if you don't like someone to start with, they won't do any good in your eyes whatever the poor buggers do.

Don't forget boris was also new to the job, it's not as if he had been pm for years, plus he was ill as morti already said.

How many people here could walk in such a powerful job and within only 7 months in their new job, have all the answers to so many serious nightmares?
And on top of all that, now this terrible black v white hatred to deal with too.

All this was sprung on all of us out of the blue. What time would anyone have to prepare for such a tidal wave of serious things to deal with.

It's easy to criticise, but unless you could do better, maybe just think it over a bit more first.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I was quite surprised at the start of all this to see Boris coming across as a statesman and straight talker.The bumbling clown on 'Have I Got News For You' was nowhere to be seen.
But as mentioned all seemed to change after his spell in hospital.His speeches now seem to have turned into the usual politicians clap trap.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well said Morti.

Don't forget Boris was also new to the job, it's not as if he had been PM for years, plus he was ill as Morti already said.

Exactly how I feel too Mups, I doubt anyone could have done any better in this unprecedented situation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:11 AM

Hi

Boris was not responsible for the state we found ourselves in.

These were decisions taken by his predecessors.

He is however responsible for the decisions he has taken, or in particular, his reluctance to take decisions.

He is also responsible for his public declarations on how well we are doing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top