Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:31 AM

Re: Boris and Covid.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well said Morti.

I also think that if you don't like someone to start with, they won't do any good in your eyes whatever the poor buggers do.

Don't forget Boris was also new to the job, it's not as if he had been PM for years, plus he was ill as Morti already said.

How many people here could walk in such a powerful job and within only 7 months in their new job, have all the answers to so many serious nightmares?
And on top of all that, now this terrible black v white hatred to deal with too.

All this was sprung on all of us out of the blue. What time would anyone have to prepare for such a tidal wave of serious things to deal with.

It's easy to criticise, but unless you could do better, maybe just think it over a bit more first.
I keep thinking I bet Theresa May is glad she's not in power anymore.

If i wwre Boris I'd have had a nervous breakdown by now with what he's had to deal with. I personally think his body needed time to recover before he went back to work and i think he is really struggling.

It really annoys me that the opposition are slating every move he makes, as if they would have done it better, using it as a political gain, its a underhand way to gain brownie points. It would be far better if they all put their heads together to find a solution to help our country out of a mess but that's never going to happen.

I've never been a Conservative voter but i have to say i think Boris is trying to do right as our leader, he hasnt got everything right but i doubt anyone would have given we've never dealt with anything like this in our lifetime.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:48 AM

Hi

Boris took the decisions not to go into lockdown before he became ill.

Other countries have done much better than us.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

If i wwre Boris I'd have had a nervous breakdown by now with what he's had to deal with. I personally think his body needed time to recover before he went back to work and i think he is really struggling.

It really annoys me that the opposition are slating every move he makes, as if they would have done it better, using it as a political gain, its a underhand way to gain brownie points. It would be far better if they all put their heads together to find a solution to help our country out of a mess but that's never going to happen.

I've never been a Conservative voter but i have to say i think Boris is trying to do right as our leader, he hasnt got everything right but i doubt anyone would have given we've never dealt with anything like this in our lifetime

That's how I feel too, Queenie.
Not a living soul could get 100% of everything, every day, and every situation right. Even more so, just a few months into their new job.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

I've never been a Conservative voter but i have to say i think Boris is trying to do right as our leader, he hasnt got everything right but i doubt anyone would have given we've never dealt with anything like this in our lifetime.
What labour and especially Keir Starmer are doing to Boris can be compared to the unsportsmanlike behaviour of boxers taking advantage of their opponents injuries and deliberately aiming blows at the injury. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of Boris's problems have been created by the left in order to make him fail.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What labour and especially Keir Starmer are doing to Boris can be compared to the unsportsmanlike behaviour of boxers taking advantage of their opponents injuries and deliberately aiming blows at the injury. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of Boris's problems have been created by the left in order to make him fail.
. A good comparison OGF .
It’s surprising the level some people will stoop to .
KS I thought a pretty decent sort .....until now .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
. A good comparison OGF .
It’s surprising the level some people will stoop to .
KS I thought a pretty decent sort .....until now .
Yes Zuleika I thought the same initially, but instead of pulling together with Boris he ends up just point scoring for his party...No wonder the Covid Deaths have gone through the roof with all the infighting....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 04:00 PM

We do seem to be doing everything back to front in England. First off locking down two weeks too late, then leaving the airports and borders open, no masks, etc only to introduce border quarantine, masks two months later?! Lots of mixed messages coming through.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We do seem to be doing everything back to front in England. First off locking down two weeks too late, then leaving the airports and borders open, no masks, etc only to introduce border quarantine, masks two months later?! Lots of mixed messages coming through.
Supposedly scientific advice was responsible for Boris's decisions
wasnt it Annie?
Its only now that he is deviating from the science, but circumstances
have changed, the economy is now the priority,, as it should have
been obvious it would be eventually?
On the whole l think the science and the politics has managed
quite well to stop hospitals from being overwhelmed and keeping
the lid on new infections!
Progress has been slow but softly, softly, catchee monkey!!

Donkeyman! 👍😷😷👍
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Supposedly scientific advice was responsible for Boris's decisions
wasnt it Annie?

Its only now that he is deviating from the science, but circumstances
have changed, the economy is now the priority,, as it should have
been obvious it would be eventually?
On the whole l think the science and the politics has managed
quite well to stop hospitals from being overwhelmed and keeping
the lid on new infections!
Progress has been slow but softly, softly, catchee monkey!!

Donkeyman! 👍😷😷👍
hmmm is that why he was making decisions to shake everyone's hand and not socially distancing just before he got sick? It seems we are only now implementing basic health safeguarding measures.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/ar...documents-show
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 06:26 PM

It is easy to criticize when you have hindsight, but I wonder if anybody could have handled this situation any better than Boris!
I am not one of his greatest fans, but in exceptional circumstances like this I think he is doing all he can to keep people healthy, prevent our economy going down the drain & I think it is a disgrace that anybody, no matter which party they belong to, is trying to make themselves a better choice for the next PM.
Boris has got us out of Europe, won an election, been at death's door himself and also has a new baby... all in the last year & he us still doing the best he can.
Personally I think this in an occasion where we should all be working together to get through this difficult time.... and that includes members of any other party!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top