Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 09:57 AM

Re: Boris and Covid.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim I don't think Boris has charisma, in fact he often appears as a buffoon,but people like him because he said he would get us out of the EU.....and he is doing that.

Dealing with this pandemic is difficult though and it doesn't need intelligent politicians ( because they have no experience of one like this), it needs a leader who is trying to do his best for the whole country!
Nobody could have got everything right and, when people continually criticize what they are doing, it is usually because that person doesn't like the effects it is having on themselves & their family.
If Britain wants to get through this difficult time, I believe we should stop criticizing the leader & the whole nation should support him. We should all be pulling in the same direction, instead of trying to find somebody to blame, because none of us have ever experienced circumstances like this before & a united front will mean we can help each other to get through it.
Well said Twink! I entirely agree. I'm sick to death with all of these 'things could have been done better' arguments - hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Well said Twink! I entirely agree. I'm sick to death with all of these 'things could have been done better' arguments - hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Thank you Margaret F. I wasn't even born in World War 2, but I have heard many stories of how people helped each other, because they were all in it together.
Isn't that how we came through it and got back on our feet?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->

I agree too, Margaret.

If they would all sit and talk sensibly and pool their ideas, instead of spending most of their working day criticising and finding fault, more would be achieved.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 02:20 PM

Hi

Rishi Sunak this morning.

Ultimately it is for ministers,” he said. “We are the people who are elected to make decisions in this country. People should hold us responsible and accountable for making those decisions. I think that people are comforted and have confidence in those decisions if they know that we are taking advice from our scientists.”
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Rishi Sunak this morning.

Ultimately it is for ministers,” he said. “We are the people who are elected to make decisions in this country. People should hold us responsible and accountable for making those decisions. I think that people are comforted and have confidence in those decisions if they know that we are taking advice from our scientists.”
Hmmm?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top