Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 10:45 PM

Re: I Hope You Are Listening, Boris!!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh yes we have we were one of the first - something else your clueless about.

Why am I not surprised
Bread, two months ago we had exactly the same discussion. Instead of repeating it, just go back there and read.
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...highlight=Echr
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:14 PM

Hi

The ECHR has many members, each one a sovereign state,

The EU is a trading block, so is not part of it.

The UK was not only a Founder Member, we basically wrote it.

It is not part of the EU, it is much bigger.

https://www.coe.int/en/web/portal/47-members-states

The problem we have here in the UK is the way we interpret it.

It is to protect the rights of decent, ordinary people, not terrorists.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The ECHR has many members, each one a sovereign state,

The EU is a trading block, so is not part of it.

The UK was not only a Founder Member, we basically wrote it.

It is not part of the EU, it is much bigger.

https://www.coe.int/en/web/portal/47-members-states

The problem we have here in the UK is the way we interpret it.

It is to protect the rights of decent, ordinary people, not terrorists.

The EU is not a trading block

Get real
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The EU is not a trading block

Get real
Nope, it's a political and economic union.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Nope, it's a political and economic union.
Solasch, I would like to ask you a question. Why are you so angry that the UK is leaving the EU?

You constantly argue on thus forum, but it achieves nothing because we are leaving.... so why does it bother you so much?

You live in the Netherlands & they are not leaving, so it won't affect your life....so why can't you let the British people make up their own minds about what is best for them.
If we have made a mistake, you won't suffer so you can just smile and say "I told you so".
If we have made the right decision, we can do likewise!

You weren't even born in Europe & maybe can't understand the concept of a government acting on a majority vote by the people of their nation !
In short, the people of the UK don't care what others in the EU think.... we are doing what we feel is right for our own country so please give your constant criticisms a rest....they are getting boring!
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Solasch, I would like to ask you a question. Why are you so angry that the UK is leaving the EU?

You constantly argue on thus forum, but it achieves nothing because we are leaving.... so why does it bother you so much?

You live in the Netherlands & they are not leaving, so it won't affect your life....so why can't you let the British people make up their own minds about what is best for them.
If we have made a mistake, you won't suffer so you can just smile and say "I told you so".
If we have made the right decision, we can do likewise!

You weren't even born in Europe & maybe can't understand the concept of a government acting on a majority vote by the people of their nation !
In short, the people of the UK don't care what others in the EU think.... we are doing what we feel is right for our own country so please give your constant criticisms a rest....they are getting boring!
Good morning @all,

of course I cannot and will not answer on Solasches behalf. Still from what I have read in these threads Solasches is the only non-angry
-about-Brexit person here besides myself.

Solasches is calm, refrains from insulting others (mostly) and delivers lots of valid arguments and proof.

If I only knew a way to make you understand that nobody is angry that UK has left. Just the opposite, we all envy you and wish you a golden and bright future.

Really. Best regards.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Good morning @all,

of course I cannot and will not answer on Solasches behalf. Still from what I have read in these threads Solasches is the only non-angry
-about-Brexit person here besides myself.

Solasches is calm, refrains from insulting others (mostly) and delivers lots of valid arguments and proof.

If I only knew a way to make you understand that nobody is angry that UK has left. Just the opposite, we all envy you and wish you a golden and bright future.

Really. Best regards.
Thank you 7779311.
I don't know how long you have been posting here but I can tell you that Solasch has been criticising the UK for leaving, since his first post, and he doesn't post on other topics! Surely anybody who is so desperate for the UK to remain must have have a good reason for thinking that way. I just want to know what the answer is

Believe me, British people like to make their own decisions & that is why the majority chose to leave the EU.... so why argue when the decision has already been made?
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thank you 7779311.
I don't know how long you have been posting here but I can tell you that Solasch has been criticising the UK for leaving, since his first post, and he doesn't post on other topics! Surely anybody who is so desperate for the UK to remain must have have a good reason for thinking that way. I just want to know what the answer is

Believe me, British people like to make their own decisions & that is why the majority chose to leave the EU.... so why argue when the decision has already been made?
Hi Twink55,

I found this forum some weeks ago while seeking for insights from discussions which are less full of insults than e. g. the independent newspaper forum.

So you are right, I have not read the early posts. But this morning you were asking why Solasch was so angry. In my opinion he is not angry, just the opposite. He himself says that he is "moaning" about Brexit.

In my perception there are others in this forum who show anger, bitterness and maybe hatred sometimes. But Solasch is not one of them.

I don't know whether you are interested but from what I observed the German population sees Brexit only with very little emotions. People are irritated by British exceptionalism and want to see an end to the whole Brexit/WA/PD episode. I don't perceive anger or bitterness here.

Have a good day
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-06-2020, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Hi Twink55,

I found this forum some weeks ago while seeking for insights from discussions which are less full of insults than e. g. the independent newspaper forum.

So you are right, I have not read the early posts. But this morning you were asking why Solasch was so angry. In my opinion he is not angry, just the opposite. He himself says that he is "moaning" about Brexit.

In my perception there are others in this forum who show anger, bitterness and maybe hatred sometimes. But Solasch is not one of them.

I don't know whether you are interested but from what I observed the German population sees Brexit only with very little emotions. People are irritated by British exceptionalism and want to see an end to the whole Brexit/WA/PD episode. I don't perceive anger or bitterness here.

Have a good day
Then maybe angry was the wrong word, but I would still like to know why somebody, who spends such a lot of time arguing about Brexit when we are definitely leaving, continues to disagree. He will change nothing & after 3 years I think most British people would like to forget Brexit & get back to being a country that makes it's own decisions.
The Common Market sounded like a good trading agreement but when they changed to the EU, that was when the British people fought for an opportunity to get out!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:52 AM

Most British people also want to see an end to the whole Brexit episode, in the sense that they want to see it completed

The reason it has taken so long, and has been so difficult is entirely down to one thing -
the refusal of the losing side in the 2016 EU Referendum to accept a majority decision, and their constant efforts to reverse, delay, and otherwise subvert that decision

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top