Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 11:26 AM

Pacemaker Clinic.

Earlier this year, at the pace maker clinic, I was advised that my pacemaker was now well past it's sell by date, and that I need to have it, at least, re-batteried/repaired ASAP.

I have just received a notice that my July appointment has been moved back three months, no doubt due to the Virus stresses going on.

Should I chose my funeral music?
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 12:15 PM

Re: Pacemaker Clinic.

I have just received a notice that my July appointment has been moved back three months, no doubt due to the Virus stresses going on.

Oh dear, that's too bad. Interestingly I have had the opposite, having just received a letter to say that our hospital is recommencing elective surgery and wanting to know if I would consider undergoing my hip replacement in the next fortnight. To be honest, I'm unsure.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Earlier this year, at the pace maker clinic, I was advised that my pacemaker was now well past it's sell by date, and that I need to have it, at least, re-batteried/repaired ASAP.

Not very comforting is it. Do you view life with an ironic sangfroid or are you a natural worrier?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Not very comforting is it. Do you view life with an ironic sangfroid or are you a natural worrier?
Sadly, I think that those on their own, tend to overthink everything.

Not normally my style - but getting there!

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:28 PM

Too much thinking ... and waiting ... is the worst thing. Flamin awful.
Will a hug from a pig help?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 04:06 PM

My operation was delayed for about 5 months. As soon as they gave me a date, I was there, ready and waiting.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

No Ted, but I would write to your consultant and ask him how long you will be safe waiting for this repair, as you were told it is well past it's sell by date & you believe this delay could make the your position less safe.
Ask for a written reply & he may change his mind!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top