Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 02:09 PM

Re: Lords Reject UK Fisheries Bill

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
You could be right. Still we don't know what refugees actually read or are being suggested in their countries. As far as for example Sysia is concerned, every European country is like heaven in comparison.
Even if you have never heard of B. Johnson.
If they aren't registered in the first safe country they are not refugees.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If they aren't registered in the first safe country they are not refugees.
It should be noted that Member States are not required to apply the concept of first country of asylum, as Article 26 is a permissive provision.1
However, in accordance with the APD, those Member States which apply the concept are not required to examine whether an applicant qualifies as a refugee or for subsidiary protection status, where a
country which not a Member State is considered as a first country of asylum for the applicant pursuant to Article 26.2
In other words, the Member State may consider such applications as inadmissible.

Now the UK is a third country since brexit. If an immigrant enters the EU and expresses the desire to apply for asylum in the UK, she/he can travel to the UK to ask asylum there and need not apply in the EU.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 04:31 PM

Hi

The UK takes in 20.000 refugees a year.

All fully vetted and a great help to us.

We take them from the Camps and many are those who have helped our Troops abroad.

I am fine with this.

I am totally opposed to us accepting anyone who has not come through the system.

They are Economic Migrants who can pay a fortune to get here.

We have done our bit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The UK takes in 20.000 refugees a year.

All fully vetted and a great help to us.

We take them from the Camps and many are those who have helped our Troops abroad.

I am fine with this.

I am totally opposed to us accepting anyone who has not come through the system.

They are Economic Migrants who can pay a fortune to get here.

We have done our bit.
And being considered collaborators by their own people?

And how many requesting asylum in the UK are denied that? How many of those denied asylum are sent back?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:03 PM

Here is the latest

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...use-of-commons
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-07-2020, 10:06 PM

Here is the latest

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...use-of-commons
So, now the committee stage in the HoC. Should be possible in two weeks. Then summer recess till half of september. Still possible to pass it after negotiations have broken down.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:20 PM

Hang on ... don't panic Mr Mainwairing

The UK Fisheries bill was rejected earlier this week at report stage as "our chums in the other place" wish to include some amendments. Nothing unusual in that, after all they are a revisory board, but our recent Brexit history has got the general public flaring their nostrils and clenching their fists at the smallest possibility of another betrayal by the over-paid, over-expensed do-nothings with big wigs.

Well, things may not be as they seem

I read the Lords amendments from the 22nd and from what I understand, the Lords actually want conservation of our fish stocks and sustainability to go even further than what the government has planned.

Apart from the many corrections to the name for the Welsh Government, here are some of the highlights

1. Favouring boats up to 10m in length
2. Increased landing in UK ports
3. Increase in number of protected zones, which I interpret as no-take zones
4. Prevention of the transfer if fishing "rights" to other parties
5. Quota allocations to be done "periodically" rather than "annually" - so it could be that we see quotas by season and a no-take period of fishing altogether
6. Sustainability to benefit future generations

... amongst other things.

I personally think this is a great step in the right direction, because, as we "take back control" of our territorial waters, it's important to get it right at the start, not through amendment after amendment and bit by bit.

I'm sure incentives such as fishing apprenticeships will become available around coastal communities soon and special arrangement for funding etc. Add to that the prospect of free-ports then I think the long decline of our coastal towns, tourism and investments in the northern coastlines into Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can at last start to grasp the low hanging fruits that were always to be had from Brexit.

Here are the amendments if you wish to read them yourselves.

https://services.parliament.uk/bills...fisheries.html
Encouraging that the House of Lards finally seems to be acting in our interests!

Next up, let's see what spanners the Supreme Court can throw into the works.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

03-07-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
So, now the committee stage in the HoC. Should be possible in two weeks. Then summer recess till half of september. Still possible to pass it after negotiations have broken down.
See you were wrong again
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-07-2020, 10:41 PM

See you were wrong again
I said the bill was a long way from becoming law.
In your post #34 from 26 june you said the bill would be law in two weeks. (That would include royal assent).
Now it appears it may (!) be law by the end of the year.

Who is wrong?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

03-07-2020, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I said the bill was a long way from becoming law.
In your post #34 from 26 june you said the bill would be law in two weeks. (That would include royal assent).
Now it appears it may (!) be law by the end of the year.

Who is wrong?

Royal ascent is done in a few hours when Mogg pops up the road to get the signatures.

Go learn something- your embarrassing

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top