Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 08:18 PM

Future England (football) Stars

It has been remiss of me not to have posted this, much earlier. I appreciate there is little interest in this (on this site at least) but many of you will know someone who is interested
(someone much younger than you, perhaps).

These are three players that I conferred "future England star" status on when they were still at school. People who follow these things should be aware of the first two's future prospects (but should be and are, are two different things) but the third still hasn't yet dawned even on Liverpool fans yet. Although I had thought it must have done, by now.

First, Jadon Sancho, currently a flying flank player, recently moved from Man City to Borussia Dortmund.
Secondly, a similar type player, Callum Hudson-Odoi of Chelsea.
And thirdly, Curtis Jones, midfield player for Liverpool.

Better late than never (or so they say).
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 07:45 PM

Re: Future England (football) Stars

Well, you've had enough time now, have you passed on this good news to England fans, looking for a light at the end of the tunnel?

It's most odd how so many Liverpool fans who follow what is coming through their academy, haven't even now, grasped what they have in Curtis Jones and how soon he'll be turning out in their first team. And he's just the sort of player the England fans have been crying out for.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:03 PM

I think we might all be too old to answer.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 10:24 AM

Soccer? Isn't that a girl's game?

Men playing soccer is like men playing netball, it's just for fun, no one takes it seriously.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 10:28 AM

To be honest I couldn't give a toss about football. Nothing worse than seeing grown men running around a field to kick a ball into a net. Worse than that they start to have a "love in "session straight away afterwards, even go as far as jumping on each other back and hugging each other.

Great example to set our kids I don't think
Gravitas
North England

28-03-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think we might all be too old to answer.
You are never too old to answer a simple question. Unless of course your brain has gone completely.
Gravitas
North England

28-03-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
To be honest I couldn't give a toss about football. Nothing worse than seeing grown men running around a field to kick a ball into a net. Worse than that they start to have a "love in "session straight away afterwards, even go as far as jumping on each other back and hugging each other.

Great example to set our kids I don't think
I was well aware there was little interest from the tired old men on here (and the Soap Opera cat loving women) but I thought some of you must know someone who IS interested.

(Just to clarify: I'm thinking of young people here)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=Gravitas;1381590]I was well aware there was little interest from the tired old men on here (and the Soap Opera cat loving women) but I thought some of you must know someone who IS interested.

(Just to clarify: I'm thinking of young people here)[/QUOTE]

Then you are on the wrong site.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 12:57 PM

I do not know anyone who is interested in watching overpaid idiots chasing a ball then hugging and spitting all over the place before sloping off to dubious hotels with even more dubious groupies.

It is not sport - it is just boring.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 01:17 PM

Gave up watching football and taking any interest at all some time ago now
when I realised that soccer like most sports involving big money is all fixed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top