Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Re: Future England (football) Stars

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Sorry Gravitas, you were discussing the Liverpool team and fans in the previous post. I noticed that UEFA were not discussing the incident until after the competition was finished.
No Scott, I was mentioning one of my three "future England stars" who was on the subs bench yesterday. As you popped in I asked you a couple of questions about your post but I perfectly understand you not wanting to answer them.

Cheers
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
No Scott, I was mentioning one of my three "future England stars" who was on the subs bench yesterday. As you popped in I asked you a couple of questions about your post but I perfectly understand you not wanting to answer them.

Cheers
Sorry Gravitas as a Scotsman you will probably have gathered that I don't know a lot about football. I hope your future stars eventually get off the bench. It must be very difficult with all the expensive foreign imports. It would be interesting to find out how many home players were in the squads for the Liverpool and Manchester derbies. I will need to check up. I know three of the managers were foreign.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:01 PM

Sorry Gravitas as a Scotsman you will probably have gathered that I don't know a lot about football. I hope your future stars eventually get off the bench. It must be very difficult with all the expensive foreign imports. It would be interesting to find out how many home players were in the squads for the Liverpool and Manchester derbies. I will need to check up. I know three of the managers were foreign.
There are no worries about these lads. For now it's better leaving Jones where he is - he's not completed his first season yet since leaving school. But I did say some time ago he will play for the first team this year. Similarly with Hudson - a little go here a little go there. Sancho had been starting for Dortmund and got injured. Since coming back he's not hit top speed yet, but came on for 15 minutes on Sunday.
Gravitas
North England

22-04-2018, 12:41 PM

It has been remiss of me not to have posted this, much earlier. I appreciate there is little interest in this (on this site at least) but many of you will know someone who is interested
(someone much younger than you, perhaps).

These are three players that I conferred "future England star" status on when they were still at school. People who follow these things should be aware of the first two's future prospects (but should be and are, are two different things) but the third still hasn't yet dawned even on Liverpool fans yet. Although I had thought it must have done, by now.

First, Jadon Sancho, currently a flying flank player, recently moved from Man City to Borussia Dortmund.
Secondly, a similar type player, Callum Hudson-Odoi of Chelsea.
And thirdly, Curtis Jones, midfield player for Liverpool.

Better late than never (or so they say).
Update on Jadon Sancho - after injury he has been working his way back for Dortmund and started yesterday's game. scoring the first goal and making two assists, Could be his "breakthrough moment".
Gravitas
North England

23-06-2018, 08:08 PM

It has been remiss of me not to have posted this, much earlier. I appreciate there is little interest in this (on this site at least) but many of you will know someone who is interested

These are three players that I conferred "future England star" status on when they were still at school. People who follow these things should be aware of the first two's future prospects (but should be and are, are two different things) but the third still hasn't yet dawned even on Liverpool fans yet. Although I had thought it must have done, by now.

First, Jadon Sancho, currently a flying flank player, recently moved from Man City to Borussia Dortmund.

Thought I'd better throw this post in - someone on an English youth talent (and seniors) forum forgot about Jones
when he listed nine youth players in central midfield , with great promise. I pointed out people were forever forgetting Jones (including Liverpool fans would you believe). His response was I thought he was a left sided player like Sancho.

Reply - He can play in a number of positions. But he wears a 10 for Liverpool u18s and took Woodburn's no 10 off him at the end of the season for the u23s, with Woodburn having to shift to the flank. He's got all the attributes for the no.10 position: great vision, delicate weight and accuracy of penetrating passes, great skill (I think that's what people mean when the talk about "technique"), very clever dribbler in tight situations, physicality when needed, high speed running power and stamina to get forward and back and a prolific scorer of great goals. In short a match winner.
Gravitas
North England

14-07-2018, 09:54 AM

This is a quality post of mine:

Liverpool's Jones is quite a versatile player, can play either flank, or a deeper midfield role. But he may eventually settle into the no.10 position, as he has all the attributes required: great vision, delicate weight and accuracy of penetrating passes, great skill, is a very clever dribbler in tight situations, physicality when needed, high speed running power and stamina to get forward and back and is a prolific scorer of great goals. In short a match winner.

The odd thing is Liverpool fans, who follow the academy don't seem to have realised even now. With preseason upon us, the cat will soon be out the bag.

For many years now whenever England go out of a tournament the pundits bemoan our lack of truly creative attacking midfield players. In an attempt to rectify this problem there has been a focus on producing creative number 10 types for some years now and it is showing results, With the u17 world cup win and much hype, a lot of people are looking to Phil Foden. Even people who haven't seen him play.

Also, Mason Mount has been a talent for years and amassed great experiences and success at youth level before going out on loan. He seems to be a bright lad, with a very good attitude and drive, who has improved steadily and will probably continue to do so - scores goals as well, in good numbers. And there are others with claims. Cue the inevitable cascade of posts all proclaiming they'll never get a chance to show their ability. They will. If they are good enough and have the will and drive to succeed.

One thing is for sure. Things are changing, and for the better.
Gravitas
North England

07-01-2019, 04:42 PM

I'd been wondering if future England star Curtis Jones will be brought in tonight for the FA Cup match against Wolves - but he'll need to have shown Klopp he is seriously "going for it".

Seems as if he will be, BBC1.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:08 AM

I'd been wondering if future England star Curtis Jones will be brought in tonight for the FA Cup match against Wolves - but he'll need to have shown Klopp he is seriously "going for it".

Seems as if he will be, BBC1.
Klopp was obviously saving his best players for league business. Curtis Jones substituted. Only bright prospect was young Ki Hoever.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
To be honest I couldn't give a toss about football. Nothing worse than seeing grown men running around a field to kick a ball into a net. Worse than that they start to have a "love in "session straight away afterwards, even go as far as jumping on each other back and hugging each other.

Great example to set our kids I don't think
Men are encouraged to hug each other these days. When they hug a lot, they might even get married to one another
Gravitas
North England

14-02-2019, 07:51 PM

Klopp was obviously saving his best players for league business. Curtis Jones substituted. Only bright prospect was young Ki Hoever.
Here is a view I made earlier:

It was one of those games we have seen so often before when top clubs make wholesale changes, bringing in several "fringe" players and youngsters. They lack cohesion and team play. But what is unacceptable is the inevitable (it seems) lack of drive , urgency and determination. You would expect them to be knocking themselves out in an effort to make their case for first choice inclusion. To be fair to Wolves, these days they can of course be a hard side to get the better of, at the best of times. But Klopp won't have been encouraged.

But as I've thought all season Jones needs to get back his oomph and look like he wants it.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top