Join for free
Page 238 of 370 « First < 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 338 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

To Week #2 of my new programme then and we see the two formats as last week but with different exercises and others swapped around in order to utilise the entire range of apparatus for my set structure.

We begin this week a day later than I planned due to the hospital visit but no matter, there is plenty of time for the remaining three sessions (I’m looking at Friday for the cardio, Sat for the “7’s” on the weights and Sunday for legs as normal). Today though we see the 100-reppers taking place once more, this time for the exercises I was doing on last week’s “7’s”…

Wednesday 9/1/19 Time: 1 hour.
Week 2/Session 1: 100-reppers (40-30-20-10); 4 sets – same weight, decreasing reps each set.
(All weights in kgs)

Arm curl (machine), both arms:
40x20, 30x20, 20x20, 10x20

Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
40x30, 30x30, 20x30, 10x30

Smith bench press, flat:
40x20, 30x20, 20x20, 10x20

Chest press (free weights version):
40x30, 30x30, 20x30, 10x30
*I took too much on with the chest press straight after the Smith machine previously and almost had to drop the weight and start again. But persevere I did and completed the task. Next time though I’ll drop the weight to 25kg instead.

Seated preacher E-Z curl:
40x18, 30x18, 20x18, 10x18

Tricep extensions:
40x25, 30x25, 20x25, 10x25
*These went up very smoothly indeed so I’ll add another 5kg next time.

Sled leg press:
40x130, 30x130, 20x130, 10x130

As with the first week’s training, at the moment it’s trial and error until I get all the weights in place. Week 2’s figures will be transferred into Week #4’s template, complete with increases where necessary.

Thanks for reading.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom
Ruthio, how is your back doing? It's a strange thing how they go as suddenly as they appear. I hope your discomfort is short-lived.
Thanks, getting better v e r y s l o w l y
All very tedious, but day by day I'm a little more mobile.
I still have no idea what I did...I guess I'll be lucky if it's less than a week or so before I'm properly active again.
The dilemma is, should I struggle to my Pilates class or not!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:14 PM

Not worth risky exacerbating a back injury Ruthio imho. Unless you have a physio who can confirm exactly what you've done and then recommends you keep it mobile rather than rested.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 01:04 PM

This mornings five miler felt a whole lot better than Tuesday's, and quite a bit faster.....It's still a pleasure to run the last two miles down the lane...Nice 'n Dry....and deserted....

Look after your back Ruthio, and keep it warm...Winter in England is notoriously bad for backs....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 04:05 PM

Ruthio - For once Realist talks sense. It's best to rest up until you are told the severity of your problem, although a few gentle stretching exercises are always necessary to keep you supple and from seizing up. Take care and get well soon

Bob - All adds up mate. And when you enjoy your route like you obviously do it's even better for that motivation. Keeps you looking forward to getting out there every day bud

I wasn't due to do any training today but on waking this afternoon I just felt compelled to do a bit.

"But what to do", I asked myself?
Three sessions were left to tackle on this week's timetable. Legs is far too early and shall be left until Sunday as normal, cardio knackers me up too much when I have work at night, so that's for Tomorrow. That left my 'heavy' session, but there's too much work in that for a weekday, again I have to go to work tonight and I didn't want to 'fit in' an extra session as that would upset the apple cart - so I've started the 'heavy' session in a kind of "to be continued..." scenario. Four exercises down in a short 40 minutes with the remainder to complete on Saturday (or perhaps before my cardio tomorrow night pre-cardio?).

I'll leave the write-up until the whole thing is done and I can explain fully. Otherwise, it gets mighty confusing!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Sadly, on returning from the gym I received some very distressing news about a family member but I'm keeping that quiet for now. We need to sort things out here.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:28 PM

Thanks all...yes be assured I'm taking all the advice on board, it's now day 4 of The Big Back B****r and I'm being very sensible.
Consequently I'm bored out of my mind!

I'm doing all the stretches including the excellent one Floydy recommended which I didn't know.
I think of him each time my nose touches the wall

I've sorted out all the Christmas cards, ten months earlier than last year!
I've read a psychological thriller book, watched the Cleaning Up drama from last night, which I loved, didn't go on my walk today, not going to Pilates tomorrow...zzzzzzzzzzzz

But the good news is: I can now walk upright
Slowly!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:03 PM

Ruthio.....
At the beginning of last year I was having some serious problems with my back and it prevented me from running for several months.
During a cruise last May, I found that swimming speeded up my recovery and took away the pain for the rest of the day..

Furthermore.....One morning while visiting the pool I met another bloke and we discussed bad backs. He told me that he had suffered a bad back for most of his adult life and despite strong painkillers, surgery, and physiotherapy the only thing that made him pain free for the rest of the day was his early morning swim....

You are a swimmer Ruthio, have you tried this to reduce your discomfort and speed recovery? Sometimes it's the unusual things that produce unexpected results....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

10-01-2019, 11:08 PM

Funny you should say that Foxy, because I was only wondering about that very thing this morning.
So I thought...by next week I should be driving again and I will stick to my NY resolution and go for a swim regularly.
Thanks for the encouraging post x
Oh that poor man, what he went through, how awful!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-01-2019, 12:01 PM

I turned out this morning for my usual Friday Five and was surprised at how calm and mild the weather has been just lately. Apart from a very swift time nothing much happened today. The highlight of this morning's run (especially for those dogs taking part) was two dogs 'Humping' much to the disgust of the owners who were standing by.....At least they were too preoccupied to chase me....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Funny you should say that Foxy, because I was only wondering about that very thing this morning.
So I thought...by next week I should be driving again and I will stick to my NY resolution and go for a swim regularly.
Thanks for the encouraging post x
Oh that poor man, what he went through, how awful!
We were sailing back across the Atlantic Ruthio, and the further North we travelled the colder and rougher the sea got. After managing to swim every day, it was getting impossible to swim in the pool because the water was smashing up and over the side at either end, so after managing about ten lengths and being buffeted against the side of the pool I decided to call it a day...The bloke said he had got used to it and stripped off and dived in. I don't know how long he persevered the rough sea, but I was turning blue with the cold so I retired to the cabin....

Page 238 of 370 « First < 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 338 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top