Join for free
Page 237 of 370 « First < 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 287 337 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:19 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Bob, Ruthio.
Try a few stretching exercises.

Stand facing a wall with your toes a few inches from the skirting board (to allow for boobs and man-type appendages). Reach up as far as you can with the tips of your fingers so that you are fully stretching your back. Hold for about 5 seconds and very slowly move your arms down. Repeat a few times and walk around doing a few windmill actions to get your torso supple again.
I do this every time I get out of bed and it helps stretch tired or over-worked muscles.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:32 PM

Thanks Floydy, I'll add that one to the list! X
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 06:02 PM

Thanks Floydy I'll also give it a go.....How about popping round Ru......Sorry, forget I just said that....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Floydy I'll also give it a go.....How about popping round Ru......Sorry, forget I just said that....
To massage your back, Bob?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 11:53 PM

Hi Floydy, I'm slowly getting the hang of these techo-machines and since you were interested if you can view and print out a record of a session, I grabbed a screenshot of part of my session today. Still early days but I'll get the weight up over time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p83j8xo8rl...nsion.jpg?dl=0

I think the lone rep was me putting the weights to rest, somehow. I can't seem to post the picture in the post, forgotten how, probably.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 01:54 AM

Ruthio, how is your back doing? It's a strange thing how they go as suddenly as they appear. I hope your discomfort is short-lived.

Very nice output, Tachyon. I can see how much easier that is than keeping track of a pencil! Does the software allow you to graph your progress?

Five is always a respectable distance, OGF. I would love to have done that today! Even in your inhumane temperatures /

It seems that we are going to be hanging out here in the hospital for the next three weeks. Most unexpected, we spent the day buying basics to get us by for a while. Fun times! No complaints though, anything to get this sweet girl back.

Among the things I bought were a yoga mat, three pound weights, and eight pound weights. There are stairs - nine stories, and a large campus where I ran when she was hospitalized in '13. No excuses, right!

Ugh, I have such a love/hate relationship with hospitals...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-01-2019, 03:43 AM

Hi Suzie.
I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's continuing health problems. She is being looked after by some very professional people and I'm sure she will be soon back to fitness, running with you around that glorious area in which you live.
Take care, my best wishes to your daughter. She has a wonderful, caring mother.
Good to see you all well stocked up there with some fitness equipment too
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-01-2019, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Hi Floydy, I'm slowly getting the hang of these techo-machines and since you were interested if you can view and print out a record of a session, I grabbed a screenshot of part of my session today. Still early days but I'll get the weight up over time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p83j8xo8rl...nsion.jpg?dl=0

I think the lone rep was me putting the weights to rest, somehow. I can't seem to post the picture in the post, forgotten how, probably.
An interesting way to record your lifts and goals there, Tachyon. So am I right in saying that for each machine you log into you get these results and pictures sent to your phone or something? It's a novel idea and saves messing around printing off your own templates or recording on an app.
I'm happy though doing my own routines as my training can be quite complex and I change things around all the time, but your systel there looks very innovative and it could also be a great way for people new to exercise to get started and enjoy their training.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 06:00 AM

I do mine as "free training"rather than follow a set routine. Like you, I like to do my own thing. It still records the data, letting you know how you are doing and notifying you if you set a new personal record for something. You can set your own objectives if you like.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 11:14 AM

I can only repeat what Floydy has already posted Surfermom, suffice to say that we will all be thinking about you over the next three weeks.....Take care, and a speedy recovery for your daughter.....

Page 237 of 370 « First < 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 287 337 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top