Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 12:08 PM

Re: Blood Group

Originally Posted by mart ->
I thought a certain amount of iron in the blood was a good thing. Some people take tablets for it.
Correct, I often get knocked back for donations because my iron level is too low.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think you are right but only about 6% of the population have O negative blood, so supplies are low.
Is that right Twink?really, I'm O Negative and I thought my blood group was THE most common one of the lot!

Well, I'll go to the end of our road !
If I had known that before I let the District Nurse take 4 phials of my precious, rare blood I would have insisted on gold tops for the phials and special storage of my rare blood before testing it.

See Art, Just 6% of us ey? I bet that beats yours and I haven't even got a green card! No doubt, they will phone me personally if and when it goes into short supply.

Mmmm, I will have to suck it back in rather than put a plaster on next time I cut myself.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Is that right Twink?really, I'm O Negative and I thought my blood group was THE most common one of the lot!

Well, I'll go to the end of our road !
If I had known that before I let the District Nurse take 4 phials of my precious, rare blood I would have insisted on gold tops for the phials and special storage of my rare blood before testing it.

See Art, Just 6% of us ey? I bet that beats yours and I haven't even got a green card! No doubt, they will phone me personally if and when it goes into short supply.

Mmmm, I will have to suck it back in rather than put a plaster on next time I cut myself.
No. O Positive is the most common one!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 11:12 PM

There you go...

No idea how accurate they are.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:24 AM

I have been given iron tablets by my GP.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

Several glasses of Guinness will do equally well Susie darlin'
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Several glasses of Guinness will do equally well Susie darlin'
My kind of cure UJ.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Take them.
A pint of Guinness contains only 0.3mg of iron, less than three per cent of daily adult needs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:14 PM

So have four pints of Guinness.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top