Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 02:50 AM

Shaming England

Yet again so called football fans are disgracing our country . Only a handful but a handful too many!

Shameful. I hope they get banned for life from ever attending another match home or abroad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50023180
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 04:12 AM

Re: Shaming England

Yes I guess it would make you feel ashamed to see this kind of behaviour from English "fans" in or out of England. I've felt a similar feeling when I've seen or heard of Australians misbehaving in other countries in the past: it doesn't seem to happen much anymore. Apart from "sandpapergate" of course. But at least that didn't involve anybody being physically injured. These guys aren't really interested in sport though are they? THey're just sad morons who are labouring under the delusion that they are "tough" yes? I was nearly beaten to death by a jackbooted English skinhead covered in union jacks and tattoos when I was a teenager. They attacked us as we were leaving an Australian Rules football match in Perth. I remember the one who was kicking me yelling "I'll teach you what real football is you Aussie $%^#" Unlike that incident no police came to help us. Maybe that's why to this day I can't stand men's soccer. Irrational I guess but it is what it is with me. I like the women's game though. They play tough, clean and fair. But still, England shouldn't feel ashamed because of these oxygen thieves. You have a long and proud sporting history and you gave birth to the fairest and most dignified games of all...cricket and rugby, The Ashes etc. The pride we feel in those sacred contests transcends any incidents like these. And there's one coming up next weekend!..So watch out!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:09 AM

Hi

It is disgusting the way these scum behave abroad.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:40 AM

Well they can't really get anywhere without their passports can they? Relieving them of those could be a start. Trouble is you still have to deal with them at home.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 09:35 AM

Hi

Some years ago I was with Guy in Bangkok on the main backpackers area when the World Cup was on.

Loads of different people from all over the World drinking heavily and watching the matches on the big screens.

A lovely atmosphere, everyone enjoying things until a few English thugs kicked off.

Bottles and glasses flying, tables overturning, lashing out at anyone, including girls.

The Thai plain clothes Police where at them in a couple of minutes with metal batons.

They were battered, down very quickly, bloodied heads and faces.

They were then paraded up and down the street handcuffed to the roof of a pick up with a cage on the back.

There was no further trouble.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:26 AM

Fourteen arrests out of how many supporters.....Are we the only supporters that cause trouble. What about all the professional Russian trouble causers who goaded our fans at some other European tournament?

I do not condone violence at any level, and there is no excuse for our fans to allow other trouble causers to wind them up....But some of these news reports seem to suggest that it's only English fans who start trouble...Thanks BBC for another piece of biased reporting.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Fourteen arrests out of how many supporters.....Are we the only supporters that cause trouble. What about all the professional Russian trouble causers who goaded our fans at some other European tournament?

I do not condone violence at any level, and there is no excuse for our fans to allow other trouble causers to wind them up....But some of these news reports seem to suggest that it's only English fans who start trouble...Thanks BBC for another piece of biased reporting.
What's biased about the truth its not as if its the only time this happens and your fans don't get goaded they go looking for it sorry but its true
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 04:22 PM

As distasteful as I find this kind of publicity and those who are the root cause of giving England a bad name, if it's searched out there were 31 people in trouble with the law due to the way they cannot behave at football matches. It is only a game after all so why does this continually happen? Is there no form of legal consequences that will bring these people into line with the majority of English people who do behave properly all the time?

The links below were easily found and show there were more than just the 14 English fans causing problems:

https://www.euronews.com/2019/10/12/...gainst-england

https://www.espn.com/soccer/england-...atch-in-prague
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 05:02 PM

Been happening for donkeys years and it will not stop until the law starts hitting these yobs were it hurts.
I can never understand why they never lose their passports for say 10 years minimum.
This would not only stop them travelling abroad to football games but also stop them holidaying abroad.
It was found out quite some time ago a lot of the yobs are office workers letting off steam.
Put simply losing a passport may deter boss's giving these scum jobs.
If for instance their job is travelling abroad, boss's should be allowed to sack them when they find out they cannot travel anymore abroad.
Also be able to sack them when they are doing jail time or community service which should be on weekdays not only weekends.
When it comes to home games they should have to be booking in at police stations where they live.
But we all know the law is an ass and will never change.
To many goody two shoes fighting in the yobs corner in the courts and to many judges giving out light sentences when they are found guilty.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 07:07 PM

Couldn't agree more, this country has gone soft on adequate justice to show there are severe and fitting consequences for bad behaviour. Also that applies to all other lawbreaking it seems. All this continues unchecked as they get away with it all the time so just indulge in it even more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top