Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 06:44 PM

Re: Future England (football) Stars

Well, l wish l had known more about football at the quiz l went to the other night.
Our team missed out on winning £130 in the ‘Snowball’ round! We got four out of five, as we didn’t know which footballer was known as the ‘Divine Ponytail’.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=Longdogs;1382332]
Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I was well aware there was little interest from the tired old men on here (and the Soap Opera cat loving women) but I thought some of you must know someone who IS interested.

(Just to clarify: I'm thinking of young people here)[/QUOTE]

Then you are on the wrong site.
You don't have any children or grand children, eh. How sad.

Most people on here will. It's for them.

You're on the wrong thread. Isn't there one about allotments or something more to your taste?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Gave up watching football and taking any interest at all some time ago now
when I realised that soccer like most sports involving big money is all fixed.
Don't have contact with your children or grand children, eh.
Kids can be cruel.

Maybe if you could have related better to them. Shown an interest in the national football team. Then it wouldn't have ended like this?
Gravitas
North England

29-03-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well, l wish l had known more about football at the quiz l went to the other night.
Our team missed out on winning £130 in the ‘Snowball’ round! We got four out of five, as we didn’t know which footballer was known as the ‘Divine Ponytail’.
As you are here, who is it?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 08:58 PM

Roberto Baggio

I'm a footie fan but prefer non-league semi professional football.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 09:00 PM

It has been remiss of me not to have posted this, much earlier. I appreciate there is little interest in this (on this site at least) but many of you will know someone who is interested
(someone much younger than you, perhaps).

These are three players that I conferred "future England star" status on when they were still at school. People who follow these things should be aware of the first two's future prospects (but should be and are, are two different things) but the third still hasn't yet dawned even on Liverpool fans yet. Although I had thought it must have done, by now.

First, Jadon Sancho, currently a flying flank player, recently moved from Man City to Borussia Dortmund.
Secondly, a similar type player, Callum Hudson-Odoi of Chelsea.
And thirdly, Curtis Jones, midfield player for Liverpool.

Better late than never (or so they say).
I would have included Tyrone Mings on that list but he broke his leg on his Premier League debut for Bournemouth and hasn't really figured since!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 09:52 PM

Gravitas, Moscow was correct! I am surprised you didn’t know the answer... but then Roberto Baggio is not young at 51 and he played for Italy!!

I have heard of Paul Pogba, who plays for Manchester United!

I bet you’re well impressed at that!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-03-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Roberto Baggio

I'm a footie fan but prefer non-league semi professional football.
Moscow, Thanks for that!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:09 AM

Still young lads so may make their mark under a different manager in the future.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=Gravitas;1382665]Don't have contact with your children or grand children, eh.
Kids can be cruel.

Maybe if you could have related better to them. Shown an interest in the national football team. Then it wo

no one has had more love of their national team than I or my OH or my two sons but we no longer watch or support soccer due to the fact that it is one big scam and all about money and not sport sadly...

Who was it that said religion (football) is opium for the masses ?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top