Join for free
Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:18 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

We're too old and not in good condition to pick up sticks and move to another country. Even if we were younger and healthier though, I still don't think we would consider going elsewhere.

The country has done a lot for me and my family over the years. It has educated us, given us an environment to earn money and even saved the lives of a couple of us. It has given one or two of the family money to live on when they didn't have any.

We have required a lot of help and care due to a road accident and general health reasons and our country has been unstinting in providing us with it.

I know we're going through unsettled political times and things are not good for many. However, despite all the political situations that have occurred over the years, the UK has been good place to live. We have plenty to eat, a good home, lots of possessions and much else that our country's environment has made it possible for us to attain.

I think any country that has done the above deserves gratitude and patriotism. With us, it has been the UK. Through the good times and the bad, I'll always be a Brit.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 12:59 AM

I am going to campaign for 'home rule' for Yorkshire - put JBR in charge, chuck out all the foreigners (Ooops - that would include me!) just most of them then, and do a 'trump' and build a wall all round it!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 06:37 AM

Sounds good to me Tabby....aye let's reap the financial benefits of having our own coal ... and we could remove VAT on flat caps and whippets...oh and free Yorkshire puddings for OAP's...the list is endless
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 08:54 AM

"gonna build a wall"

"Gi'or, yer too cack-'anded"

"gonna build a wall"

"Tha'll get a clip rahnd lug'oil if tha' carries on like this"

"gonna build a wall"

"Eeh, yer daft ha'peth. Yer brew's mashin"

© https://www.buzzfeed.com/rachaelhgib...nfuse-the-****
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
can you explain this sentence Mudflaps - doesn't seem to make grammatical sense as usual??
Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 10:07 AM

I was shocked by just reading the first page. What a lot of doom mongers we have here who want to leave because times are a bit hard.
Talk about supporting your own country doesn't even come close.
Look at what we have here, free national health- good schools- pensions that increase each year- policemen who don't generally carry guns- not to mention the history and beautiful places one won't get abroad in such a small area.

So to those who want to run and think of themselves then go ,I could say more but would be kicked off the site
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 11:05 AM

You're too easily shocked, speedy.
Anyone disagreeing with how a country is run should be able to leave. No questions asked. I did it and never looked back.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
You're too easily shocked, speedy.
Anyone disagreeing with how a country is run should be able to leave. No questions asked. I did it and never looked back.
Have to disagree, they should stay and try and improve it by casting their votes. WE have been able to have free votes or even stand to become an MP without fear or intimidation. Not all countries can claim that. France, in Paris there are riots on the streets , not best way to protest, and they are supposed to be a civilised country, as just one example
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

01-03-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Have to disagree, they should stay and try and improve it by casting their votes.
Why?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Why?
already said

Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top