Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Re: This is now Boring.

If they (Cabinet) had ever intended there to be a Brexit, wouldn't they have put plans in place so that it could work?

We hear about the EU making their plans for a no deal exit.

Don't think we've spent any real time or money on that.

Ooops, sorry, this is the" bored"thread!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sure that the majority who are bored are leavers.... at least that is what the government are hoping.
It certainly looks like we are heading for another referendum so, if you really want to leave, make sure you vote in that one...otherwise there is a chance that parliament will get what they want and won't have learned how to listen to people of this country.
The word Democracy will then need to be removed from the English language!
Twink I listen to Any Answers on the radio in which a cross section of the public reply to Any Questions. The programme makers say they balance the content in respect of the number of calls they receive for a topic and that does seem to be the case.
Today the whole half hour was given over to Brexit and the callers were predominantly people who voted leave and were for or against Mays plan.
In the live interview I see on TV those interviewed seem to be mainly Leave voters.
I think the MPs most of whom voted remain have the wrong idea about the strength of feeling out in the rest of the country from those of us who voted to leave.

If there is a vote for another referendum in parliament the vote will almost certainly be a yes because there are so many MPs who voted remain .
In the event of another referendum I can just imagine the reception anyone promoting remain will get if they come around here , I can see there being riots

The latest thing on Any Questions put forward by remain supporters is if we leave with no deal half the national flock of sheep will have to be slaughtered.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sure that the majority who are bored are leavers.... at least that is what the government are hoping.
It certainly looks like we are heading for another referendum so, if you really want to leave, make sure you vote in that one...otherwise there is a chance that parliament will get what they want and won't have learned how to listen to people of this country.
The word Democracy will then need to be removed from the English language!
Although I've said I'd never vote again for Treason May's government, I should certainly vote if they manage to put in place a second referendum. Needless to say, I'd vote to leave again.

The problem is that they'll like as not try to split the vote by giving us three options: one for leave and two (worded differently!) for remain.

And, of course, if leave wins again there will be more to follow... just like they did in Ireland!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 06:36 PM

Rather than finding the proceedings boring I am finding them riveting and I can't take my eye of things in case anyone tries to pull a fast one to stop us leaving . The political channel on TV takes precedent in this house at the moment.

Next week there could well be a cabinet revolt, May could still be out. I am thinking of joining the Tory Party on a temporary basis in order to have a vote in the leaders contest when it comes. I would like to see a passionate leave voter in the post of leader to see us through the next couple of years.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Rather than finding the proceedings boring I am finding them riveting and I can't take my eye of things in case anyone tries to pull a fast one to stop us leaving . The political channel on TV takes precedent in this house at the moment.

Next week there could well be a cabinet revolt, May could still be out. I am thinking of joining the Tory Party on a temporary basis in order to have a vote in the leaders contest when it comes. I would like to see a passionate leave voter in the post of leader to see us through the next couple of years.
Hi

I was referring to this thread, not to Brexit itself,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just the Brexit,
Oh well that's good. I'm sure most of us agree with you. I am bored with the objections to it tbh.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh well that's good. I'm sure most of us agree with you. I am bored with the objections to it tbh.
Put it to the vote. The democratic way you are so big on?

My prediction: leavers will be in favour of closing, to avoid the humiliation of admitting that brexit ends in non-leaving.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Put it to the vote. The democratic way you are so big on?

My prediction: leavers will be in favour of closing, to avoid the humiliation of admitting that brexit ends in non-leaving.
And lose your sagacious contributions, I don't think so.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
And lose your sagacious contributions, I don't think so.
You know, if it was up to me, I'd pay to keep the brits in the european family.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You know, if it was up to me, I'd pay to keep the brits in the european family.
A bank transfer will do.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top