Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:50 AM

Re: Pensioner Soldier charged with Murder in Ireland.

I have just been looking at the atrocities carried out by the IRA in the 1970s killing and injuring numerous innocent civilians. For instance Birmingham. 21 civilians killed and over a hundred injured in a pub bombing.
I suppose they were angels compared to British troops.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I have just been looking at the atrocities carried out by the IRA in the 1970s killing and injuring numerous innocent civilians. For instance Birmingham. 21 civilians killed and over a hundred injured in a pub bombing.

Yes. Strange, isn't it, how snowflakes and hand-wringers are so ready to criticise our own soldiers yet conveniently forget about IRA atrocities killing innocent civilians - or pretend it never happened.

If they want to support terrorists, why don't they just come straight out with it and say so?

As for the lawyers, they're just greedy and unprincipled, interested only in how they can make a quick buck with the least amount of effort. They disgust me.

Of course, I need say nothing about our politicians who are pushing for this. We all know about them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Purely your supposition, nothing has been proved as to who planted that bomb.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Purely your supposition, nothing has been proved as to who planted that bomb.
Perhaps our soldiers planted the bomb, Joe?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps our soldiers planted the bomb, Joe?

Stranger things have happened !!!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Who else would have planted it? Maybe the same people that planted the bomb in the Guildford pub that killed 4 soldiers and 3 civilians and injured 44 The same people that planted a bomb in Westminster killing or injuring 60 civilians. The same people that planted a bomb on a coach on the M62 which killed 9 soldiers and 3 civilians, The same people that killed Lord Louis Mountbatten whilst he was enjoying a quiet fishing trip. The list goes on. Perhaps these are stories put about by the media.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

28-05-2019, 12:33 PM

Who else would have planted it? Maybe the same people that planted the bomb in the Guildford pub that killed 4 soldiers and 3 civilians and injured 44 The same people that planted a bomb in Westminster killing or injuring 60 civilians. The same people that planted a bomb on a coach on the M62 which killed 9 soldiers and 3 civilians, The same people that killed Lord Louis Mountbatten whilst he was enjoying a quiet fishing trip. The list goes on. Perhaps these are stories put about by the media.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that duplicitous barstewards in the military would plant bombs as a means of blaming the Provisional IRA. As far as I know, no-one has yet be found, charged or convicted of any of these crimes - intriguing !!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-05-2019, 02:18 PM

who else would have planted it? Maybe the same people that planted the bomb in the guildford pub that killed 4 soldiers and 3 civilians and injured 44 the same people that planted a bomb in westminster killing or injuring 60 civilians. The same people that planted a bomb on a coach on the m62 which killed 9 soldiers and 3 civilians, the same people that killed lord louis mountbatten whilst he was enjoying a quiet fishing trip. The list goes on. Perhaps these are stories put about by the media.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 04:40 PM

I remember a bit of graffiti on a wall in Monkstown (that's a place in Ulster) which read "Provo's , we put the mass in turbaters".

Another on a wall in Carrickfergus "We'll not forget you Wally Sands".

The name of the POS was Billie sands. You've got to admire the sense of humour of the loyalists.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top