Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 04:00 PM

Re: Flora Pro-Activ Light Spread (healthy or not)

Take a look at this web page it gives some reasonable information about red yeast medication.

" red yeast medline plus sup "
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:32 PM

I can't take statins because of side effect (muscle weakness) so, on investigation, discovered that Lethicin capsules are supposed to be very good at mopping up bad cholestrol - so, a trip down to Holland and Barrett and I have a bottle and have just started taking them. It will be interesting to see if this works when I next have a cholestrol test.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Their are lots of ads for 'probiotic' yogurts and drinks in Canada too, but I'm not one to buy fad foods. My sister and I both have Multiple Sclerosis. We're trying the MS Recovery Diet which recommends unprocessed foods as much as possible, and excludes yeast, gluten, soy and peanut products, dairy and refined sugar. I use Becel margarine which is olive oil based. I guess it's a bit early to be sure, but both of us seem to have more energy and fewer issues with paresthesia, balance and dizziness.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Thats good AnnieJ hope it works for you, have heard of other people who have special diets for MS
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 12:32 AM

Figuring out which foods trigger symptoms is tricky but eggs definitely bring on tingling and numbness. Have to read labels carefully, but I hope it helps or at least slows the progress. I'm very lucky it's mild and I'm still mobile.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top