Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 10:34 PM

Re: The return of the dissident IRA

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
News to me - I don't recall defending the killers of the journalist.

She wasn't the first person in the Six Counties to be "totally innocent, not armed and incapable of defending herself" either:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sunday-inquiry

But I hope she is the last.
It was only the prompt action by a Sin Fein activist, now a well known and much praised "legitimate" politician, who spirited two handguns away double quick time that left the Paras as the villains of the peace.

It could never be proved of course, but nevertheless it was witnessed by
people who were in the Fenian mob and of course typical of their kind were bragging about it quick time.

I was working in Ulster at the time on attachment to Shorts and remember the graffiti on walls, particularly around Carrickfergus, "Paras fourteen, IRA nil!"
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It was only the prompt action by a Sin Fein activist, now a well known and much praised "legitimate" politician, who spirited two handguns away double quick time that left the Paras as the villains of the peace.

It could never be proved of course, but nevertheless it was witnessed by
people who were in the Fenian mob and of course typical of their kind were bragging about it quick time.

I was working in Ulster at the time on attachment to Shorts and remember the graffiti on walls, particularly around Carrickfergus, "Paras fourteen, IRA nil!"
It will never be proved or believed

My Wife Cousin was a member of the Offcial IRA at the time.

On a visit to Cork later he told me this story.

He told me that two IRA gun men standing on the balcony of two flats behind the crowd fired on the Paras first and then ran
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Two men have been arrested for the shooting. She appears to have been targeted because of her LGBT connections.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Two men have been arrested for the shooting. She appears to have been targeted because of her LGBT connections.
Yeah right.

Just as islamic terrorist atrocities are attempted to be explained away as the SOB's being presented as being mentally deranged.

My suspicion is that the prospect of BREXIT bringing a VERY hard border with the foreign anglophobe Eire sepersting their part of the island of Ireland with the British part of the UK has a great deal to do with this.

My hope is that BREXIT will result in such a border, it should have been in place decades ago.

Quite apart from anything else if Eire remains a part of the horrible EU freedom of movement across the EU will mean that the likes of the Calais prospective burglars will have open access to our country just by schlepping across a bit of Irish bog.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
A young woman shot dead in Northern Ireland.

It has achieved absolutely nothing, a young life lost for what?

I despair, I really do.

She was totally innocent, not armed and incapable of defending herself.

Just what is the point of such violence?
As previous poster highlights, it is simply about propaganda and fear-mongering to scupper BrExit, nothing more nothing less.

The lengths these people will go to to try and prevent BrExit are astonishing. We need to leave with no deal immediately and draw a line under it all.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-04-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
As previous poster highlights, it is simply about propaganda and fear-mongering to scupper BrExit, nothing more nothing less.

The lengths these people will go to to try and prevent BrExit are astonishing. We need to leave with no deal immediately and draw a line under it all.
IMO BREXIT is the reason that the latter day fenians have reopens hostilities, after all the GFA was not a peace deal, it was an armistice and the very thought that there would be a very much needed and very hard border to put an end to their invasion of Ulster set them off again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:26 PM

It would help if we didn't give these people the publicity but journalists love them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:53 AM

The disgusting hypocritical murdering scumbag IRA have now issued an apology to the family of the young journalist .
Which basically says sorry we were aiming to kill a policeman we have told our people to be more careful next time .

Sick sick sick
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-04-2019, 01:10 PM

A fifty seven year old woman has been arrested.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The disgusting hypocritical murdering scumbag IRA have now issued an apology to the family of the young journalist .
Which basically says sorry we were aiming to kill a policeman we have told our people to be more careful next time .

Sick sick sick
You're not a Republican, then, Muddy?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top