Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:37 PM

Re: Chris Packham and the Countryside Aliance

That is nature Ray .
How many more are killed by the use of pesticdes in gardens that kill the insects they feed on ?
How many are killed by loss of habitat hedgerows and intensive farming building houses and roads on rural land etc etc
It is these things that upset the balance of nature.

Do read this report by the RSPB

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wi...-on-songbirds/
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:39 PM

Wild animals kill others to survive not for the fun of it.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That is nature Ray .
How many more are killed by the use of pesticdes in gardens that kill the insects they feed on ?
How many are killed by loss of habitat hedgerows and intensive farming building houses and roads on rural land etc etc
It is these things that upset the balance of nature.

You haven't seen my garden Muddy, it's a balance of wildness and embarrassment, I just wish those magpies would piss off.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:49 PM

Sounds like mine Ray

In this part of rural Wiltshire they shoot the magpies rooks and crows yet there are less and less songbirds and other birds.
i used to have two kinds of woodpeckers nesting in a old tree in my garden - no more .
I never see a jay i am dismayed by the lack of diversity of birds .

I blame the intensive farming methods employed here and the many building projects in the village
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Why are some so up in arms because now and then, very rarely, a crow will attack a lamb.
Remember some years ago the cruelest deed ever carried out against an animal was caused by MAN. I am talking about myxomatosis. I have seen these poor creatures that had this terrible decease sitting on the side of roads, blind, in terrible pain and shivering as their blood was turned to water, huge swellings on their heads. I have seen grown men and women crying their eyes out on seeing these poor creatures suffering.
All creatures have as much right to live their lives as we have. Yes, culls have to be carried out in some cases but most are carried out in the name of 'sport'
How on earth can one wild animal being chased by a pack of dogs and people on horse back be called a sport. The poor creature stands no chance. If it goes to earth then it is dug out and thrown to the dogs still alive.
You still see myxomatosis its horrible.
Hunting with dogs is just despicable.
if you want a good ride drag hunt same dogs but following a laid trail.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 05:12 AM

Anybody who begins to give me a lecture or start preaching will get the short shrift from me.
Politicians, religious nutters, LFBT fanatics, the PC brigade, nanny state and vegans....Packham, Bono, David Icke....sod the lot of 'em and get on with your own life in the way you wish to live it. It is entirely up to you.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 07:01 AM

Any one who tells you what's good for you is usually thinking what's good for them.
Excluding most from the medical profession,although considering the over proscribing of drugs these days, you can't trust some of the either.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2019, 07:08 AM

From a personal standpoint as long as the way our lifestyle doesn't have a negative impact on other that's fine Floydy .
However there are things that some people belive in that other fond repugnant .
E.g. Trophy hunting in Africa .
No one ( that I know ) likes to see some grinning moron next to to the corpse of what was a magnificent animal .
In the same way many people don't like to see a quick intelligent animal like a fox run down and killed for nothing by other grinning morons .
As for crows and magpies they are bright highly intelligent birds .
And for that our alpha species murders them ..
The Countryside is not as the DM would have us belive full of eyeless sheep and hordes of murderous birds .
If this is so the natural balance must be in some way upset .
Chris Palkenham right or wrong has the same right to express his veiws too.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 10:12 PM

Thank the Gods we have people like Chris Packham who are prepared to raise their heads above the parapet and speak up against the utterly unjustifiable behaviour of scum like the CA and similar criminals against nature.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
In the same way many people don't like to see a quick intelligent animal like a fox run down and killed for nothing by other grinning morons .
Hunting with dogs is already banned.

As for crows and magpies they are bright highly intelligent birds .

Which will, once again steal the eggs and chicks of songbirds in our gardens

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top