Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 10:00 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Most aircraft with empty seats have cargo added to make most efficient use of flying hours and fuel.
What difference does that make? Cargo or human passengers it still flies.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 10:03 PM

Arguments against her seem to be based on she is 16 years old and should respect her elders and (self-appointed) betters; she has Asperger's syndrome; she is foreign; she is female and so on. No attempt to actually deal with what she is saying, except from those who have been saying similar things for a long time. I would expect nothing more from the intellectually sterile, criminally dishonest, self-serving Right.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 10:31 PM

I don't dispute what she is saying. But the movement has sanctimonious written all over it whilst every moment is being instagrammed on mass produced polluting smartphones and there was a photo of a guy with a bottle of bleach cleaning up their camping ground in marble arch. Plastic bags and plastic bottles galore.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 11:02 PM

Her motive is good, and has certainly opened up the road to change, but I am of the opinion she is being directed by others , although she does say she is her own person.
Her mother has written a book and writes about life with her two daughters who both have similar issues.
Greta has asperger's and OCD, also mentioned was ADHD, and in Greta's own words, she gets very angry. That is understandable, as it is a common trait , but I wonder if she is more demanding for achievement and has not fully realised the mammoth task she is embarking on . In her words, everything comes in black and white, and her Asperger's filters out anything in between.
There is also now a mention of a General Strike, as one journalist had put the question to her in interview. 'Yes', was Greta's answer.
Does she understand the implications of such actions ? I doubt it and I think she should be controlled henceforth before things get out of hand.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-04-2019, 11:14 PM

PD it does come across that she is being cynically used. Perhaps that is what i find offensive. Transparent PR.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Arguments against her seem to be based on she is 16 years old and should respect her elders and (self-appointed) betters; she has Asperger's syndrome; she is foreign; she is female and so on. No attempt to actually deal with what she is saying, except from those who have been saying similar things for a long time. I would expect nothing more from the intellectually sterile, criminally dishonest, self-serving Right.
Sounds more like the lefties to me....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't dispute what she is saying. But the movement has sanctimonious written all over it whilst every moment is being instagrammed on mass produced polluting smartphones and there was a photo of a guy with a bottle of bleach cleaning up their camping ground in marble arch. Plastic bags and plastic bottles galore.
Exactly,

The hypocrisy is astounding with many of these people.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Exactly,

The hypocrisy is astounding with many of these people.
Faced with things that need to be done and the inability of doing them without making use of packaging that is polluting there is little alternative. Yet.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by puddle duck ->
her motive is good, and has certainly opened up the road to change, but i am of the opinion she is being directed by others , although she does say she is her own person.
Her mother has written a book and writes about life with her two daughters who both have similar issues.
Greta has asperger's and ocd, also mentioned was adhd, and in greta's own words, she gets very angry. That is understandable, as it is a common trait , but i wonder if she is more demanding for achievement and has not fully realised the mammoth task she is embarking on . In her words, everything comes in black and white, and her asperger's filters out anything in between.
There is also now a mention of a general strike, as one journalist had put the question to her in interview. 'yes', was greta's answer.
Does she understand the implications of such actions ? I doubt it and i think she should be controlled henceforth before things get out of hand.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Faced with things that need to be done and the inability of doing them without making use of packaging that is polluting there is little alternative. Yet.
So what exactly needs to be done Todger?
If we all go back to sitting round a campfire, living in caves and growing all of our food locally just what exactly are you suggesting we do...?

Will you be the first to sell your motor and turn off your heating, TV and other electrical devices? How will you explain to every other country in the world to do the same?

Put hundreds of thousands of people out of work to do what exactly?

I don't think the 'Eco Warriors' have thought this through have they.....

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top