Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 07:54 AM

Electrical plug identification, please.

While sorting through a drawer full of electrical bits and pieces, I found this.
I don't remember buying it... it might have come from a deceased parent's, many years ago.

It looks a bit like an adapter for a European plug for use in England, but I don't know why I've got it.

The only other thing I can think of is an adapter for the old round pin plugs we used to have, but I thought they were phased out years before we joined the EU.

The words on the socket side say:

MAX 13A/250V ~ FUSED
CE
UK DES.2023206
Does not earth with side contact earth plugs

The words on the pin side say:

Made in China
Check your appliance is compatible with 240V ~
No. 14072
BS5733
Fuse

Many thanks for your help.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 08:09 AM

Re: Electrical plug identification, please.

It looks a bit like an adapter for a European plug for use in England, but I don't know why I've got it.
Yes and I don't know why you've got it either
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yes and I don't know why you've got it either
Well, I've had a few of the other sort...the ones you use in Europe to convert to two-pin!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 08:15 AM

Some appliances imported from Europe have the European style plugs attached and that adapter is so that they can be used instead of removing the euro-plug and fitting a British plug.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 08:18 AM

I've got one like that for my electric razor .... the razor is designed to be used in one of those two pin bathroom sockets.
Pyxell
South of England

03-05-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Some appliances imported from Europe have the European style plugs attached and that adapter is so that they can be used instead of removing the euro-plug and fitting a British plug.
That's interesting.

I'm now wondering if I got it in Ikea. In the '90s I bought loads of stuff from Ikea, and I wonder if they provided these in the days before they fitted built-in adapters /transformers to their appliances?
That's ringing a vague bell.
I can't really remember, though.
Pyxell
South of England

03-05-2019, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've got one like that for my electric razor .... the razor is designed to be used in one of those two pin bathroom sockets.
That's another interesting thing.
I don't think that applies to me, but it might have applied to deceased parent!

It looks like it might be worth hanging onto, in any event.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree. I’ve purchssed things from other countries and have had to get an adapter so that it can be used in my country and this is what they look like.

That’s about all I know about them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Wow that is really old, a collectors/museum piece I would say. Wonder what the fuse rating is inside

as a bye the bye, when we were in Brazil we discovered here are 32 different plugs and sockets in the country. Where we stayed in DIL house different ones in there, some 110v some 220/250v.
They are now making appliances with modern standard plugs across he country. GREAT NEWS? no because he don't make individual plugs to replace old style ones, so one has to buy new appliances and have to sockets changed a well
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 10:05 AM

We've got one like it but I have no idea what it's for.

Must have used it sometime I guess...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top