Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:00 PM

Re: Electrical plug identification, please.

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've got one like that for my electric razor .... the razor is designed to be used in one of those two pin bathroom sockets.
Electric Toothbrush too.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I agree. I’ve purchssed things from other countries and have had to get an adapter so that it can be used in my country and this is what they look like.

That’s about all I know about them.
Does Canada have three square pin plugs then?

I thought you were the same as the USA. Forgive my ignorance.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Wow that is really old, a collectors/museum piece I would say. Wonder what the fuse rating is inside
It's not old. (Although 'old' is relative, I suppose).
It's got the CE mark, so it can't be all that old.

The razor adaptors I've seen before only have two sockets for the razor plug, not three like my one, so what else could it be used for?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 02:03 PM

They also came up with this contraption:

The 3-pin Euro-plug is inserted into this adapter and can be plugged into a UK socket. I saw a lot of this type in the newly developed property rental market. The trouble with this particular design is that the earth pin never makes full contact with the earth in the adapter thus rendering any appliances potentially dangerous.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 02:06 PM

I've got one like that for my electric razor .... the razor is designed to be used in one of those two pin bathroom sockets.
The one you have will most probably look like this:

I use one of these to charge my electric toothbrush and beard trimmer.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 03:22 PM

Yes. Regular 13A sockets are not (generally) permitted in bathrooms here in UK. The shaver sockets are supplied by an isolation transformer to reduce the risk of electrocution.

That's also why light switches are on a pull cord rather than a wall mounted toggle switch.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes. Regular 13A sockets are not (generally) permitted in bathrooms here in UK. The shaver sockets are supplied by an isolation transformer to reduce the risk of electrocution.

That's also why light switches are on a pull cord rather than a wall mounted toggle switch.
Yes. Apparently the British system is the safest in the world.

Still a bit flummoxed by my weird adapter, though!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Yes. Apparently the British system is the safest in the world.

Still a bit flummoxed by my weird adapter, though!
Doesn't immediately ring a bell with me either but I have a few from my various travels. We are still in the business of unpacking after a house move. I'll have a rummage around and see what I can unearth - no pun intended.....
Pyxell
South of England

03-05-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Doesn't immediately ring a bell with me either but I have a few from my various travels. We are still in the business of unpacking after a house move. I'll have a rummage around and see what I can unearth - no pun intended.....
Don't worry... I'll stay neutral until you can prove you're a live wire!

For three pins I'll bet you'll shed light on the matter.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top