Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:03 PM

Re: Could the European Elections herald the end of the EU?

Realist I believe we have to accept that No Deal is never going to happen.
Had the been a more resounding Leave result of the referendum then possibly, but as things stand...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:07 PM

I disagree.

Given NO DEAL is the only way we will ever leave, really leave, then the alternative is no BrExit and to use your vernacular, I think we have to accept that failing to deliver BrExit is 100% not an option. The consequences to the country, to government, to national policing and security would be utterly catastrophic.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Realist I believe we have to accept that No Deal is never going to happen.
Had the been a more resounding Leave result of the referendum then possibly, but as things stand...
I believe a 'No Deal' is still an option Ruthio...
Depending on who fills May's shoes, the future of Britain's relationship with the EU is open for renegotiation...
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Well said Realist and Judd
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I believe a 'No Deal' is still an option Ruthio...
Depending on who fills May's shoes, the future of Britain's relationship with the EU is open for renegotiation...
I do hope you're right!
But They may well refuse to renegotiate...
Ray Cathode
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:52 PM

The EU have made it clear several times that they will not renegotiate the WA, we're out Oct 31 at the latest with no deal, why wait.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Well said Realist and Judd
? I haven't said anything on this particular thread.

I do agree though that we should leave with No Deal and see if the EU come crawling back. Especially so if there's a positive result for the Euro-sceptic parties on Sunday.
Ray Cathode

24-05-2019, 10:12 PM

Oops I should have said OGF, must be the rugged good looks Lol.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, it looks as though through their own fault, the bullying EU’s own belief that they could ride roughshod over Britain by humiliating us, they may well have opened Pandora’s Box which could eventually result in their own downfall. Surely, they must be kicking themselves now when they think back to their long ago disgraceful treatment of David Cameron and Britain, and it’s intransigence towards us ever since. It could have all been so different if they had been sensible and realised they were dealing with Britain, B R I T A I N ! and not a weakened Greece.

We may well have idiots here making the decisions, but the EU should have remembered from our long history - and theirs - that they were also dealing with the British people, and the British people will have the final say.
I do hope so. Not only for our own sake, but for the sake of other European countries that have been dictated to and have suffered in their economy as a result.

I'd place all EU countries in three categories:

- Those I have just mentioned (eg, Greece) whose economies are suffering as a result of their stupidly giving in to the order to adopt the Euro.

- Those which are nett beneficiaries (eg, Poland) who are happy to remain in the EU as long as the money comes rolling in. That may not continue!

- Those which feel they are the controlling powers (eg, France). They are the despicable ones in my opinion, and are the ones I hope will suffer the most if - when - the EU implodes.

As I have said many times, I look forward to the day (hopefully soon) when we are out of this corrupt organisation.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Oops I should have said OGF, must be the rugged good looks Lol.
Thanks Ray, I know what you mean about Judd though, he is a bit of a charmer isn't he.....

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top