Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:50 PM

Re: I'm So Hungry !!!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Easily resolved darlin' I always keep a packet of plain chocolate digestives in my fridge and nibble on a few of those if I happen to get too hungry to wait for my meal.

Your experience earlier today will teach you, NEVER to skip breakfast in future !!!
You are so right Joe, I won't skip breakfast again that's for sure. Problem is, if I had had a choc biscuit, I wouldn't have enjoyed my meal that I was looking so forward to.

I think I must have set a new world record dishing the pie out onto 8 plates so I could put some onto my plate and tuck in!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:50 PM

I attack the bbq pringles. Or chocolate. Or biscuits.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
About two years ago Mrs. F and I were invited to my niece's wedding just outside of Scarborough. It was at a very posh hotel and was very lavish, no expense spared as sadly her father had recently passed away and her mother gave her daughter the most lovely wedding imaginable.

For the guests though it dragged on so long it was almost turning everyone into zombies. The drinks in the bar beforehand went on for two hours but I was driving so could only have a pint. Bored stiff, we had to stand up as there were no seats left.
We moved into the wedding area itself and that took a further hour. Then the lunch began but before that were the speeches by every man and his dog and I was sat next to an old woman who kept talking about the TV series 'Doctors' over and over again.

Anyway after over five hours they finally said it was time to eat, but can you believe it - it was table by table to the carvery and we were the last one to be called up. Six hours and finally I had some roast beef and veggies and wolfed them down along with most of my plate and cutlery. never been so famished in all my life!

The dinner dance came afterwards when I decided that I was desperate for a drink and we left the car there overnight and got a taxi back to our hotel in Scarborough. I certainly made up for the boredom by letting my hair down at the disco!

SSG - I bet your lunch was worth waiting for!
OMG Floydy, That sounds like the ultimate nightmare. I know this is the food forum but I have to say I sympathise with you wholeheartedly. I just do not like going to weddings unless it is family, as then I know all the catering details, when it will be served, what we are eating, etc etc. But to endure what you endured is ridiculous! No-one should ever have to wait that long for the wedding meal. How many drinks did they expect you to down before you managed to get food inside of you?? I'm afraid I would have been away to Macdonalds or the nearest chippy after 2 hours of speeches by people that I don't even know!

I greatly admire your resilience in waiting 6 whole hours before being the last to get your food. It must have been enough to put you off weddings for life! Well done you!. I couldn't have done it.

And yes, thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed my two ladylike portions of Shepherd's Pie. I even allowed myself a very private satisfying burp and a smile when no-one was in the kitchen, after I had eaten. I deserved that luxury after my suffering!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 06:00 PM

Hi SG, At times like that, I normally have two cream crackers with cheese in the middle.
I find, if l don’t eat l go a bit lightheaded. Then when the food finally comes, l have gone past eating and don't feel like it!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-05-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I attack the bbq pringles. Or chocolate. Or biscuits.
LOL, I used to too, Jazzi. When I was working I could eat for three with every snack under the sun. Unfortunately, I have to be strict with my food intake these days, so it's a case of breakfast, lunch and dinner only for me.

Problem was that I missed brekkie, missed lunch and had dinner earlier than usual today. I would have been fine if I had been sensible and had some toast for breakfast.

Oh well, I won't do that in a hurry again.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-05-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi SG, At times like that, I normally have two cream crackers with cheese in the middle.
I find, if l don’t eat l go a bit lightheaded. Then when the food finally comes, l have gone past eating and don't feel like it!
Hi Art, that would have been heavenly, unfortunately, had no crackers, (not even my usual favourites Carrs Cheese Melt crackers) I did have two large tubs of Seriously Strong Cream Cheese in the fridge though, trouble is - even if I had any crackers to slather it on, eating one of those would have filled me up before Dinner, then HWMO, who keeps a close eye on me to ensure I am eating all of my meal, would have been whinging at me for not eating all of my dinner. Hey Ho!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
OMG Floydy, That sounds like the ultimate nightmare. I know this is the food forum but I have to say I sympathise with you wholeheartedly. I just do not like going to weddings unless it is family, as then I know all the catering details, when it will be served, what we are eating, etc etc. But to endure what you endured is ridiculous! No-one should ever have to wait that long for the wedding meal. How many drinks did they expect you to down before you managed to get food inside of you?? I'm afraid I would have been away to Macdonalds or the nearest chippy after 2 hours of speeches by people that I don't even know!
A McDonald's would have been great if we weren't on a farm somehwere in the back of beyond, but I dared not drink as I was driving so it was a matter of sipping Diet Coke very slowly. I just wish we had decided to leave the car there earlier and then we could have had a few more drinks and lived off peanuts from the bar. Trouble is then with a further five hours until the meal was served we'd have been trashed on an empty stomach!
Me and the OH are planning to see this couple in a couple of weeks time actually when we go to Scarborough for a week, which will be the first time since we went to the wedding. I won't mention that the day was like something Marlon Brando attended in The Godfather though!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:37 AM

Even though I have had breakfast this morning (circa 06.15), will be preparing my lunch shortly: - removed beef joint from freezer last evening, will chop into bite sized pieces, chop and prepare the vegetables ( parsnips, carrots, swede, celeriac, onions, add lentils) slice black pudding, & chorizo, make 2 ltrs of gravy and put all ingredients together in my cauldron and simmer. In the meantime will also make some suet dumplings to add to the pot when it begins to boil. This might last three days (providing I can resist the urge to go for 'second helpings'.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top