Join for free
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 07:20 PM

Re: Tory party - no hard BREXIT.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You fear someone on this forum could threaten your pension? Wow!
Hi

Nope, however even comments on Facebook have led to some having their Pensions stopped or reduced.

Your knowledge of how things work here in the UK is sadly lacking on so many levels.

That is self evident from many of your posts on Brexit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, however even comments on Facebook have led to some having their Pensions stopped or reduced.

Your knowledge of how things work here in the UK is sadly lacking on so many levels.

That is self evident from many of your posts on Brexit.
One of the things I seem wrong about is the british sense of good sports. I notice your attitude to me has changed since I proved you wrong on a few posts. You seem a bad loser and a bad sport. In short, I am disappointed in you.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It depends what sort of Public Sector Pensions you are talking about.

Some were fully funded until Blair and Brown raided them.

Mine were in fact, in surplus.

Because I was contracted out, I do not get the Full State Pension.

I, like many others, paid in extra, AVCs, additional voluntary contributions.

If, on your logic, only fully funded pensions where left alone, the State Pension would be hugely reduced as well.
The taxpayer can opt out of SERPS and the state pension is not a workplace pension

The taxpayer cannot opt out from funding the defined benefit pensions many public sector workers receive

I’m fortunate in having a good pension provision and still have a good income

Some years ago I was moved by a letter written to the Metro from a young lad from a poor background who’d got himself a job for a small company that didn’t meet the threshold for a workplace pension and was renting a flat. He had little money left over from paying the essential bills to fund his own pension yet the tax he was paying was contributing towards workplace pensions of others when he could not affor his own

That’s when I looked into it and going’s the annual burden on the taxpayer makes any payments to the EU or Brexit severance look paltry

Also from a selfish point of view I’d like to see my £50k a year tax bill come down or be put be better use
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The taxpayer can opt out of SERPS and the state pension is not a workplace pension

The taxpayer cannot opt out from funding the defined benefit pensions many public sector workers receive

I’m fortunate in having a good pension provision and still have a good income

Some years ago I was moved by a letter written to the Metro from a young lad from a poor background who’d got himself a job for a small company that didn’t meet the threshold for a workplace pension and was renting a flat. He had little money left over from paying the essential bills to fund his own pension yet the tax he was paying was contributing towards workplace pensions of others when he could not affor his own

That’s when I looked into it and going’s the annual burden on the taxpayer makes any payments to the EU or Brexit severance look paltry

Also from a selfish point of view I’d like to see my £50k a year tax bill come down or be put be better use

Hi

A £50K a year Tax Bill?

Wow you are a massive earner.

Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top