Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 05:46 PM

Re: Alexa

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't think I want one, creepy is what they are.
Not sure what they do but I don't want to hear voices that aren't imaginary.

I feel much the same as you Tess.
A strange voice suddenly speaking, would probably start me dogs off too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I feel much the same as you Tess.
A strange voice suddenly speaking, would probably start me dogs off too.
Might frighten burglers off though
What exactly are they for anyway?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
OGF , ive applied for gogglebox , but they dont seem to want me .
Their loss Susan, they don't know a good thing when they see it.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:22 PM

Might frighten burglers off though
Listening to the radio, news, weather forecasts, audio books, home automation (mine turns lights on and off for example), quizzes and information, create shopping lists, make calendar/diary appointments to name but a few.

If another family member has one you can `drop in` and have a conversation with them much like an intercom.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:26 PM

Spying on us.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:05 AM

There was a thread about someone whose friend didn't turn their phone off after talking to her, and she was able to hear the horrible things the 'friend' went on to say about her to someone else.

I can envisage loads of things like that happening, using Alexa.

In fact, weren't there instances where Alexa, or one of those things, sent some sensitive info to everyone in the person's contacts list?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:10 AM

Now, you know how car thieves have found a way to hack into your car fob, kept conveniently by the front door, to fool it into unlocking your car which is sitting on your front drive?

Well, I bet they'll find a way to hack into the Alexas of this world, listen in, and discover if you are in or out.

Maybe even get Alexa to unlock doors and things, too.

It's just more stuff to worry about.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:05 AM

I think I'll try intensive dog training instead!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:12 AM

I already have problems with 'techno cat' Nemo fiddling with the DVD remote, switching lights on, messing about with the CH and the Stereo. Don't even want to imagine what chaos he could cause with Alexa!!

Having seen Alexa in action at my friends house - I am happy to live without one.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
There was a thread about someone whose friend didn't turn their phone off after talking to her, and she was able to hear the horrible things the 'friend' went on to say about her to someone else.

I can envisage loads of things like that happening, using Alexa.

In fact, weren't there instances where Alexa, or one of those things, sent some sensitive info to everyone in the person's contacts list?
Siri, Google and Alexa are designed not to respond until their respective trigger words are detected.

A bit of info here:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/alexa...lnerabilities/

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top