Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:23 AM

Outcome of the next General Election.

If Corbyn is replaced my bet is on Labour or a Lib/Lab coalition.

If Corbyn remains, probably the same but with a reduced Labour seat count.

If Blair were to appear back on the scene maybe as a result of a bi-election then Labour landslide.

If BREXIT party morphed into New Conservative party then a minority government possible

Conservative? No chance. And ALL of their own making.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:42 AM

Re: Outcome of the next General Election.

Hi

I think that things are changing so rapidly that I have no idea who would win.

Both Conservatives and Labour would be mad to call one at the moment, they would both get trashed.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:30 AM

Lib-Lab pacts never end well, (didn't work out too well with the Tories either if it comes to that) as one party would dominate the other - Labour in this case.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

Both Conservatives and Labour would be mad to call one at the moment, they would both get trashed.
Actually I think it would do them good to be trashed, teach the self serving scunners a lesson. Then perhaps they will start doing their jobs properly.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

If Blair were to appear back on the scene maybe as a result of a bi-election then Labour landslide.

If BREXIT party morphed into New Conservative party then a minority government possible

Brexit Party does not have a manifesto yet so that could be the kicker to get more votes.... ?
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I must have misunderstood your post?
Are you saying if Blair came back to Labour they would win?
As one of the most hated politicians ever if he came back for Labour they would be finished.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
As one of the most hated politicians ever if he came back for Labour they would be finished.
That's what I was thinking!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:38 PM

Me too! I appreciate that many of our MP's are not fit to be in office, but the mere thought of that vile man ever setting foot in our Parliament building again would be the absolute pits.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I agree that Blair is a POS but there's a whole lot of people who think his "sh-excrement don't stink".
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 05:26 PM

I sincerely hope Mike Green of the Brexit Party wins the Peterborough by-election from Labour next Thursday. Their first MP in Parliament.

I hope either Boris or Raab become PM, whichever gets in, swallows their pride, bites the bullet and invites Nigel to be part of the new Brexit negotiations. Continuing to ignore the Brexit Party will ensure the Conservative Party will be heading for oblivion.

We all know Parliament is overrun with Remain MP's, half of whom are clamouring for a second referendum, with the other half demanding that any new PM takes No Deal off the table or face, as po-faced Hammond has threatened to do, his threat to bring the new government down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top