Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 06:07 PM

Re: Newly elected MEPs set to earn more than £45,00

Hi

The entire system is wrong.

Travelling from the Midlands to London on a Thursday, overnight stay in a London Hotel, then Eurostar to Brussels for a meeting on Friday, then back home late Friday Night.

Input at the meeting was often less than 10 minutes.

I did suggest that the cheapest, most effective thing to do was to hold the meeting by secure video link.

Shot down in flames, others too interested in their expenses.

It is not just the Politicians, it is the employees as well.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
We should all have learned about polls by now Flicker
Should'nt we?
By the way, do you happen to be employed by a think tank?
And, you havent answered my question, WHY? yet!

Regards Donkeyman!
You surely believed the polls about the brexit party. A poll that was spot on. So a poll can have predictive value.

Why? It can't be your droll posts and the sprankling discussions resulting?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
This is why Farridge put himself forward to be an MEP again - he had, and still has his nose in the trough !!!
Think your figure is missing a zero.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The entire system is wrong.

Travelling from the Midlands to London on a Thursday, overnight stay in a London Hotel, then Eurostar to Brussels for a meeting on Friday, then back home late Friday Night.

Input at the meeting was often less than 10 minutes.

I did suggest that the cheapest, most effective thing to do was to hold the meeting by secure video link.

Shot down in flames, others too interested in their expenses.

It is not just the Politicians, it is the employees as well.
I don't know whether 750 can meet by video, without a resulting chaos, but if it is possible I would be all for it. The caravan between brussels and straatsburg is a terrible waste of money. So is the travel of almost 700 mep's from all over europe.
There is the argument of mep's keeping in contact with the situation in their homelands, so going to live near brussels for 5 years is ruled out. On the other hand, mep's are elected for nationalities where they are not living. That's not only the case with your infamous brexit party member, several of our green party mep's live in or near brussels. For UK mep's that should be no problem either.
On the contrary, mep's are expected to make decisions for all of europe, therefore they participate in european parties, and there are no nationalities in europarliament. The same holds true for constituencies.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top