Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 08:16 AM

NEC Member Suspended

Labour have a big problem. Not sure they are dealing with it in the right way, been going on for too long.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/31/labou...-tape-9760705/
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 07:51 AM

Re: NEC Member Suspended

There’s none so blind as those who will not see. Labour party still blind to anti-semitism.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Labour have a big problem. Not sure they are dealing with it in the right way, been going on for too long.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/31/labou...-tape-9760705/

Criticism of the zionist government of Israel is NOT anti-semitism, notwithstanding the Israeli government and their accolytes say it is !!!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

03-06-2019, 08:29 AM

The prejudice expressed has nothing to do with Israel.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:15 AM

Israel is the Jewish national homeland. The two are one and indivisible.

Criticism is one thing, repeating lies and distorting what has to be done is Jew Hatred incarnate.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:21 AM

There’s none so blind as those who will not see. Labour party still blind to anti-semitism.
I disagree.

Expressing and adopting Judenhaas is a deliberate policy in order to attract votes from people who have been sold how terrible Israel is, and those who follow a religion that has hatred of Jews as an act of faith.

In the case of the latter several marginal seats will be swung by this.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 12:40 PM

The Fashion Police would like a word with him as well!

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

03-06-2019, 12:52 PM

People are confusing anti-Jewish prejudice with legitimate disagreement with the actions of the Israeli state. Anti-Zionism is not the same as anti-Semitism.

Jewish community say the use of "Zionist" as a term of abuse reflects bigotry and racism directed at them.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

03-06-2019, 05:01 PM

People are confusing anti-Jewish prejudice with legitimate disagreement with the actions of the Israeli state. Anti-Zionism is not the same as anti-Semitism.

Jewish community say the use of "Zionist" as a term of abuse reflects bigotry and racism directed at them.
It has become an insult by Jew Haters but to us it's rather different.

Zionism was and remains the movement in favour of re-establishing our homeland in Eretz Yisrael. To us being called Zionists if anything is s compliment.

It's recognition of what we want, got (in part) and will keep including the ongoing spoils of the war against us.

I am a Zionist, my wife is a Zionist, my kids are Zionists, one actually served in the IDF.

So people shrieking "Zionists" and thinking that is to insult us are wasting their time - at least as far as we're concerned.

However like most proper nouns context is everything as is what precedes or follows "Zionist".

It's like when I was at school. Call me I'm a Jew? Norra problem.

Call me a Jew Bastard, something that frequently happened, and be ready to follow it with "ouch!".

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top