Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 02:06 PM

Re: Boris

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
His constituency is along the Thames, somewhere near Hampton Court - a place where, if you stuck a blue rosette on a pig, the inhabitants of that constituency would vote for it.

No it isn't, it's Uxbridge which is not a blue rosette kind of place.
The places along the Thames, near Hampton Ct are all traditionally Lib Dem.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Hi

Boris is a liar, he has been disciplined for that.

He will do anything and everything to get into power.

earlier this week he promised that when he gets into power he will cut the top rate of Income Tax and pay for it out of NI Increases.

He has now revoked on that.

He treats us like idiots.

We need to get rid of him and all those like him.

He cannot get a New Deal and leave on 31st October.

The maths is simply against that.

His complete and utter disregard for ordinary people is stunning.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Do you trust him?

I have my own opinions, but would value yours.
How many of you didn't know who Boris Johnson is?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:50 PM

I don't trust BJ any more or less than the others, the main thing is who can do the job.
Boris is the only MP standing who to me has a hope of getting us out of the EU with anything like a deal .
He may be inept and blundering at times but I think given the right support he may surprise us and do a reasonable job.

As it stands in the polls it is Johnson 79, Hunt 37, Gove 34, Raab 23, Javid 19, Hancock 16 Johnson. Hunt and Gove are the only other ones in the running with anything like the numbers and I don't think they have the necessary nous to do what is required.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:43 PM

The outstanding hypocrisy of some in politics is astounding.

Today we have the vile Labour MP and famous gobshite Naz Sha spouting about Boris Johnson's alleged disparaging remarks regarding the wearing of the burka/niqab by Moslem women and other `racist` comments. This from a woman who stated openly that the victims of grooming by Pakistani men should keep their mouths shut about their rapes and abuse for the benefit of multiculturalism. She's the Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities too would you believe?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Boris is a liar, he has been disciplined for that.

He will do anything and everything to get into power.

earlier this week he promised that when he gets into power he will cut the top rate of Income Tax and pay for it out of NI Increases.

He has now revoked on that.

He treats us like idiots.

We need to get rid of him and all those like him.

He cannot get a New Deal and leave on 31st October.

The maths is simply against that.

His complete and utter disregard for ordinary people is stunning.
Corbyn's flip-side eh?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Corbyn's flip-side eh?
Hi

Spot on.

Neither of them live in the real world.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:17 AM

Boris was MP for Henley-on-Thames before all the HIGNFY buffoonery, went on to become Mayor of London, and was very good at the job. Of the current No.10 candidates he's the only one I'd invite to dinner, but I don't trust him.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:32 AM

Right now I'd like to see Andrea Leadsom replace May.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:24 AM

Sorry, but Boris is the best of a bad bunch!

As I have said previously, there is not one of them I would trust to have the country's best interest at heart.
They all make the same comforting speeches of how if elected, they will ensure we have Brexit. plus pie in the sky promises. You and I must surely know it is all pure BS.

All those meticulously choreographed speeches are aimed at just one thing - "I could actually be the next Prime Minister".

When they appear on our screens, they are not speaking to the great unwashed public, they are staring straight at the Tory Activists in the constituencies, who have a vote to give them what they so desire. Brexit they will worry about later.

I despair when I see the selection of motley crew, one of which will be in charge of the country and responsible for getting us out of the EU. We seem to have a selection Pie-in-the-sky thinkers, the Dreamers, the Brown-noses, the Slavish we want to cooperate with you.Each and every one of them - BS's!¬! It's enough to make one weep.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top