Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:33 AM

Re: What Everyone Seems to Have Forgotten About the Odious Jo Brand

Originally Posted by summer ->
We are all getting too politically correct. ...yes in the cold light is day it was a daft thing to say but it was said in jest and backed up with of course I wouldn't do it....the audience laughed...lighten up for goodness sake.
I think it's always the case that comedians go just that bit too far. I suppose if you have people laughing hysterically at your jokes for many years, you must start to believe that whatever you say is funny (whether it is or not is another matter).

Lots of 'comedians' have suffered the same fate, Billy Connolly, Russell Brand, Johnathon Ross to name a few.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:46 AM

I think it's dreadful throwing anything at people anyway .
Its a cowardly thing to do.
In any other context it would be considered assault .
These people need a good John Prescott thump .

To make a joke about acid throwing is utterly beyond the pale .
The woman should be ashamed of herself .
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
You are so right on that.

Just look a Kathy Griffin and her vile so called humour.
Few on here will have even heard the name. Especially those who don't know who Danny Baker and Noel Edmonds are.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:57 AM

It's a popular view that free speech is fine but you must take the consequences by losing you job and livelihood. Clearly that isn't free speech - otherwise you could claim every totalitarian state has "free speech".
Gravitas
North England

14-06-2019, 11:24 AM

Most people have fantasies but throwing acid at people you don't agree with isn't one of them (at least those who aren't mentally ill.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
You are so right on that.

Just look a Kathy Griffin and her vile so called humour.
Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Few on here will have even heard the name. Especially those who don't know who Danny Baker and Noel Edmonds are.
I've never heard of or seen Kathy Griffin, no idea why that is but do know who Danny Baker and Noel Edmonds are. Another comedian from a distant era does spring to mind though, that is Bernard Manning, does anyone remember him? I doubt anything today matches his 'humour' though.

I only really posted to relay the latest news about an apology from Jo Brand, probably following the outcry and also that the police have looked at this following complaints to them and are assessing what she said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-14/...ged-acid-joke/
Gravitas
North England

14-06-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I've never heard of or seen Kathy Griffin, no idea why that is but do know who Danny Baker and Noel Edmonds are. Another comedian from a distant era does spring to mind though, that is Bernard Manning, does anyone remember him? I doubt anything today matches his 'humour' though.

I only really posted to relay the latest news about an apology from Jo Brand, probably following the outcry and also that the police have looked at this following complaints to them and are assessing what she said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-14/...ged-acid-joke/
I wouldn't expect anyone on here to know who Kathy Griffin is - as she is American.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I wouldn't expect anyone on here to know who Kathy Griffin is - as she is American.
Oh I see, that could possibly be a good reason. Unlike other American comedians such as Joan Rivers, Whoopi Goldberg, Phyllis Diller and Lucille Ball her name and reputation has yet to reach this side of ‘the pond’.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If someone needs to look smart in his job it is an obvious choice.

What's more with a smart accountant it can be vat free and offset against income tax. That alone knocks big bucks off the price.
hmmm.. I don't think that its an allowable expense.
Gravitas
North England

14-06-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Oh I see, that could possibly be a good reason. Unlike other American comedians such as Joan Rivers, Whoopi Goldberg, Phyllis Diller and Lucille Ball her name and reputation has yet to reach this side of ‘the pond’.
Yes indeed. If it wasn't for the Trump outrage I wouldn't have known her myself.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top