Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:45 PM

Re: When is the last time you went into Dorothy Perkins?

Thank Evans for that.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Thank Evans for that.
Being a larger lady I found Evans brilliant & I could get away with a size or two smaller as the cuts of their clothing were very generous, not so lately though.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So Arcadia is in trouble, but I didn't even realise some of these stores still existed.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ng-high-street

I used to shop in Wallis all the time for work clothes and dresses, but about ten or fifteen years ago their styles changed and became unwearable. They used to do nice jewellery too but that became very quirky.

Many shops fail because they try to assume what people will think is trendy instead of selling what people want to wear.
I'm with you there Annie, I used to love buying my clothes from Wallis, they were quality clothes, excellent for both work and casual wear for me. But I wouldn't bother shoppping there nowadays, obviously because of my age, but I stopped shopping with them because the clothing they started to sell seemed to be catering solely for teenagers. skimpy, unsuitable and not of the same quality.
It seems to have morphed into Topshop, Miss Selfridge and Dorothy Perkins.All the same.

I usually shop around online nowadays for clothes, but if I want something special, which isn't often nowadays, I head for the Jaeger website. I like their clothes and they seem to last a long time.
I have bought a few really nice tops from an American website called SilkFred, who do free shipping over £50.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 01:43 PM

I buy clothes regularly from Wallis and Dorothy Perkins
I love the latter's jackets especially

I also shop at Next and the designer areas in Debenhams

And shoes at Schuh and The Office

I love seeing, feeling and trying garments there and then
And swinging my many branded, glossy paper bags as I head for a steamy cafe where I can chat and/or people watch.
Online isn't exciting shopping for me!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 09:12 PM

Yes, AnnieS. It is annoying when a favourite dress is past it's best
I can cut them down and make them into underwear with lace.

If my dresses have a little tear through getting snagged in the garden I can easily repair it.
Shame more people can't sew. We all learned to sew and cook years ago at School.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes, AnnieS. It is annoying when a favourite dress is past it's best
I can cut them down and make them into underwear with lace.

If my dresses have a little tear through getting snagged in the garden I can easily repair it.
Shame more people can't sew. We all learned to sew and cook years ago at School.

I have been know to try to repair my favourite tops Azure. My favourite Phase 8 silk top that I loved has survived my amateur sewing efforts and nobody can see where the tear was. But a pair of much loved stretch jeans separating a the crotch were beyond my talents! You can't even turn them into shorts.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 09:22 PM

My pet recent online love is Seasalt. I did find it in store originally. John Lewis have a concession. Pretty much everything I buy from there is perfect.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 09:25 PM

My pet recent online love is Seasalt. I did find it in store originally. John Lewis have a concession. Pretty much everything I buy from there is perfect.
I like Seasalt too
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I like Seasalt too
They do some lovely things don't they. Really feels as though they put some love into the designs.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:49 AM

I have been know to try to repair my favourite tops Azure. My favourite Phase 8 silk top that I loved has survived my amateur sewing efforts and nobody can see where the tear was. But a pair of much loved stretch jeans separating a the crotch were beyond my talents! You can't even turn them into shorts.
Go to YouTube and you will find instructions on How to repair Crotch in Jeans.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top