Join for free
Page 17 of 27 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 04:57 PM

Re: Is Brexit over ??

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not going away anytime soon.

We are about to start Phase Two Negotiations, Services.

Boris is also wanting to change some things he negotiated.

Good Luck with that.
No it's not. The EU parliament haven't even translated the deal into the 23 official languages yet so, they want to kick the ratification can down the road until April at the earliest: https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ean-parliament
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
No it's not. The EU parliament haven't even translated the deal into the 23 official languages yet so, they want to kick the ratification can down the road until April at the earliest: https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ean-parliament
In the meantime, perhaps we can kick the agreement into the rubbish bin and leave properly.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
In the meantime, perhaps we can kick the agreement into the rubbish bin and leave properly.
Are you just poking the bear again?
As a tactic it's very tired.

If you're in any doubt that we have left the EU - really left - I suggest that you go have a word with a few Scottish fishermen.

(Or even those disgruntled lorry drivers that are having their ham sarnies confiscated by EU customs. )
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Are you just poking the bear again?
As a tactic it's very tired.

If you're in any doubt that we have left the EU - really left - I suggest that you go have a word with a few Scottish fishermen.

(Or even those disgruntled lorry drivers that are having their ham sarnies confiscated by EU customs. )
Those shellfish producers were stopped by the EU cretins because their ROI said UK instead of GB so got them to redo the paperwork.

The civil service is useless all over the world it seems.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Those shellfish producers were stopped by the EU cretins because their ROI said UK instead of GB so got them to redo the paperwork.

The civil service is useless all over the world it seems.
Which cost the driver a whole 12hrs while the labels were reprinted (Saturday Essay in today's DM. Sorry, can't find a link to it but it's in the printed edition.)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Which cost the driver a whole 12hrs while the labels were reprinted (Saturday Essay in today's DM. Sorry, can't find a link to it but it's in the printed edition.)
I don't know about you, but that says to me that the EU people are just being bloody minded.

Although 'UK' includes N. Ireland, 'GB' doesn't, so I assume they are using that definition to cause as much trouble for us as they can.
And they're hoping to persuade Scotland to leave us and join the EU. In a way, then, they've done us a favour and poked Wee Krankie in the eye.

Two can play at that game!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 08:51 PM

The EU will dick Gibraltar around next.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-01-2021, 09:20 PM

Yes. I wouldn't be at all surprised.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:29 PM

Very worrying because everything going in and out of the Med has to pass through a channel there about (I think) 8 miles wide.

That could mean diificulties, for whoever the EU doesn't like, getting out to the Persian Gulf & the Far East.

Plus the fact that illegals would find it much easier to do the 8 miles than to cross anywhere else!

Hopefully we'll take it seriously & never give it up!

Never mind, the EU would never try to hurt us!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-01-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Very worrying because everything going in and out of the Med has to pass through a channel there about (I think) 8 miles wide.

That could mean diificulties, for whoever the EU doesn't like, getting out to the Persian Gulf & the Far East.

Plus the fact that illegals would find it much easier to do the 8 miles than to cross anywhere else!

Hopefully we'll take it seriously & never give it up!

Never mind, the EU would never try to hurt us!
Indeed. Gibraltar is a very important strategic outpost.
I'm not sure exactly how far its independence extends, but I think we still have a right to base our military/naval forces there.

Page 17 of 27 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top