Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 10:58 PM

Favourite Wild Animals

I think anyone can guess what my favourite wild animal is but if I had to choose my top three it would be so hard as I am in awe of all our wild animals. But I am going to try pick my top 3.

1. Is obviously the Lion for how proud and majestically he carries himself, he truly is the king of the jungle. I love how they are so social and the fact that female lions help rear other females young, they take on a neglected cub as their own, awwwww.

2. Orangutang for their high intelligence, they can even do sign language, and I love how they seem to have a sense of empathy

3. Elephants. They are super smart and very loving, I love the way they show their affection by wrapping their trunks around each other as a greeting, it's almost like hugging. Elephants actually have strong feelings and they grieve for their dead mates. Animals have no real predators in the wild except us, how bad is that. Makes me so upset and angry to know Man is going to be the reason these magnificent creatures go into extinction sooner than they should, same for most wild animals really.

If I could choose a 4th it would be the Meerkat but I said three lol

So what are your top 3 wild animals and why.

I'm hoping to get responses in this thread because I'm really interested in how you are going to vote and your reasons.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 11:23 PM

Re: Favourite Wild Animals

1) Tigers - they are warm and cuddly, and very intelligent.
They are the only one of the 'big cats' that can purr in the same way as their smaller cousins

2) Cheetahs - they are so beautiful. Amazing to watch them hunting on the wild life documentaries.

3) Ring tailed Lemurs - very playful and fascinating.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 11:36 PM

1. I agree that the Lion has to be tops. He is King, he lays around under a tree most of the day and only comes out to eat food that the females have prepared and to have sex. I'm a Leo so I'm biased.

2. Would be the elephant, almost prehistoric looking and they care so much about their fellow elephants. Unfortunately man has almost wiped them out.

3. Is the Dolphin (it was a toss up between the dolphin and the whale but dolphins have been known to help humans who have got into trouble at sea). We seem to have a connection somehow.

4 would have been the Robin for it's bravery.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 11:46 PM

For the stunningly beautiful markings, Tigers.
For the majestic stance and regal look - Male lions
For their sheer size, power and yet gentleness - Elephants every time.

(May I add if I'm allowed - I also love the electrifying colours of male Peacocks, especially when they are 'displaying.')

Oh goodness, I can't stop now . . . I agree with Dongle about our cheery little Robin, especially when we see him on a snowy day.

....... And Scarlet Macaws . . . I'd best shurrup now..
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 11:49 PM

I am biased of course but favourite three are

1. Kangaroo. Because it's unique to my country and a real character.

2. The platypus. Because it's the freakiest creature ever.

3. The Koala because it's just do damned cute.

But I do love all animals. Sometimes I think they are the only reason we are here. To look after them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I am biased of course but favourite three are

1. Kangaroo. Because it's unique to my country and a real character.

2. The platypus. Because it's the freakiest creature ever.

3. The Koala because it's just do damned cute.

But I do love all animals. Sometimes I think they are the only reason we are here. To look after them.

Have you ever touched a Koala Keezoy?
I would love to feel what their fur is like.

I remember all the awful scenes of the poor burnt ones during the dreadful fires not long ago.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 02:27 AM

1 The Jaguar Beautiful big cat
2 Elephant who cannot love thier power and majesty
3 The orangután our cousin
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 05:05 AM

I have a soft spot for Wombats, not an animal you would want in your garden but there is something very lovable about them.

On the other hand in my youth I was very fond of wild cougars.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cougar sleeping in Tree.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	14069  
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 05:29 AM

Ha! That's funny Bruce

Have to admit I love the big cats too.i used to like giraffes till one tried to lick me when visiting a zoo in Majorca....they have the longest black slimey tongue known to man and they should keep ot to themselves
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have a soft spot for Wombats, not an animal you would want in your garden but there is something very lovable about them.

On the other hand in my youth I was very fond of wild cougars.

that's only two Brucie

I agree, the cougar is very attractive but I have to say I much prefer a cougar with its fur coat on, the naked one looks like a trollop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top