Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 03:05 PM

The way your dog/ cat/ rabbit/ guinea pigs, etc.

Behave or misbehave ...........Any Stories To tell, about their behaviour?

You first, .....they all have their own characters....how could I forget horses, they have great characters from what I’ve heard been told.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 03:34 PM

Re: The way your dog/ cat/ rabbit/ guinea pigs, etc.

Flurry, she was a 14.2 bay New Forest cross mare.She belonged to a friend & I got to ride her all the time & look after her.
We, friend & I rode on Dartmoor as her house had direct access to the moor.
Flurry was a strange pony, she would stop dead if she imagined danger no matter where she was or what her rider was doing, most horses flee, it's their nature, run & find out after, not Flurry, she'd gaze at whatever bothered her, sizing it up, didn't matter how much I urged her on she had to make up her own mind. Once she was satisfied it posed no threat she'd carry on as if nothing had happened.
She was mostly a responsive ride, loved a gallop & could put in a buck or two if she was really happy.
The best thing about riding her was no matter where we were on the moor & particularly in a moor mist which could come without warning, she always knew which way was home, if we were lost, just drop the reins & she would bring us back to the moor gate leading to my friends place. She was a star.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-01-25-1348-27.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	14487  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Flurry, she was a 14.2 bay New Forest cross mare.She belonged to a friend & I got to ride her all the time & look after her.
We, friend & I rode on Dartmoor as her house had direct access to the moor.
Flurry was a strange pony, she would stop dead if she imagined danger no matter where she was or what her rider was doing, most horses flee, it's their nature, run & find out after, not Flurry, she'd gaze at whatever bothered her, sizing it up, didn't matter how much I urged her on she had to make up her own mind. Once she was satisfied it posed no threat she'd carry on as if nothing had happened.
She was mostly a responsive ride, loved a gallop & could put in a buck or two if she was really happy.
The best thing about riding her was no matter where we were on the moor & particularly in a moor mist which could come without warning, she always knew which way was home, if we were lost, just drop the reins & she would bring us back to the moor gate leading to my friends place. She was a star.

Lovely looking horse,Tiff, she was different to most horses then,I guess if a horse wants to stop and size danger up, not much you can do about it.

I find how she found her way back to that gate, quite incredible, especially in a moor mist.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Lovely looking horse,Tiff, she was different to most horses then,I guess if a horse wants to stop and size danger up, not much you can do about it.

I find how she found her way back to that gate, quite incredible, especially in a moor mist.
She was like a homing pigeon, Pauline. She even knew to avoid bogs & would refuse to go in one, she'd go round it. I didn't have a say in that, she was a very safe pony to ride in those situations.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 07:38 PM

I had a flat coated retriever called "macy" (what else) wifey was away, was middle of summer, decided to have sirloin steak and chopped salad for evening meal, so prepped the steak with all the usual and left it on the side whilst i did the salad and got the grill nice and hot, set the table and went to grill the steak, but could find it, macy was lay in his bed with a big grin on his face
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 07:42 PM

before the above mentioned flat coat called macy, we had a flat coat called "wish". Coming up to christmas wifey started on the christmas cake for all the family, and after cooking left it on the work surface overnight. The following morning we wern't greeted in the usual way by wish, she was still in her bed, but we then noticed half the christmas cake missing
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
before the above mentioned flat coat called macy, we had a flat coat called "wish". Coming up to christmas wifey started on the christmas cake for all the family, and after cooking left it on the work surface overnight. The following morning we wern't greeted in the usual way by wish, she was still in her bed, but we then noticed half the christmas cake missing

Good grief Macy.
You are lucky Wish wasn't a gonna, or at least desperately ill.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-01-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good grief Macy.
You are lucky Wish wasn't a gonna, or at least desperately ill.
I thought that too, dogs can get poisoned by eating dried fruit.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I thought that too, dogs can get poisoned by eating dried fruit.

Yes, thats what I meant Tiff, I agree.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 09:56 PM

My Jack Russell Henry never listens to me but he’s a terror if someone is at the gate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top