Join for free
Page 13 of 30 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 08:51 PM

Re: Shaker Aamer

Some gargantuan and epic cutting and pasting there Ruthio.
Hope you didn't get repetitive strain doing it.
What was your source? Wikipedia or the forthcoming autobiography of 'Guantanamo Torture Camp: An Insiders View' co-authored by Shaker Aamer and Ruthio

So .. now I'm informed I can still say ..hand on heart ..

He's not British. He's a Saudi. The British taxpayer owes him nothing ... neither financially or by any misplaced moral conscience.

As he's a Saudi .... Let the Saudi's drive the outrage bus on his behalf.
As a matter of interest .. are they expressing any outrage against their American friends and allies over his alleged treatment in Guantanamo?

Personally I save my disgust for the scumbags who execute innocent hostages, British or American or of any nationality.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Thank you Patsy.
I learnt a great deal too!
I think you'll agree that much of it is quite horrific.

I note also that much of it is ALLEGED .
If it was so bad
Why didn't he take his chance to be repatriated to Saudi Arabia ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 10:44 AM

I note the alleged to and wonder why in 14 years they didn't prove any wrong doing - looks much like there was no wrong doing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:13 AM

That is exactly what was said about Mozzam Begg who was also feted as a poor Guantanano prisoner and given a million compensation and is now being tried for terrorist activities

Still questions remain
Why didn't he leave seven years ago?
Why did he chose to stay in Guantanamo?
Why did he go to Afghanistan in the first place ?
What is the so called Charity he worked for ?
Why do we need to give succour and pay compensation to a Saudi Citizen ?
These are pertinent questions
The British public have the right to know the answers.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:16 AM

As has been pointed out he would have faced execution oddly he wasn't keen on volunteering for that.

The rest of it if the authorities believe he is safe then no we don't it's nosiness and his business not ours. We don't have trial by media or vigilante in this country (yet).
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why didn't he leave seven years ago?
Why did he chose to stay in Guantanamo?
Why did he go to Afghanistan ?
What is the so called Charity he worked for ?
Why do we need to give succour and pay compensation to a Saudi Citizen ?
These are pertinent questions
The British public have the right to know the answers.
Yes, do you hear that?
We have a right to know the answer to the questions Muddy is asking there.
Not that we will get any mind!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

04-11-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As has been pointed out he would have faced execution oddly he wasn't keen on volunteering for that.

The rest of it if the authorities believe he is safe then no we don't it's nosiness and his business not ours. We don't have trial by media or vigilante in this country (yet).
Where was it pointed out that he would be executed in Saudi Arabia?
If he is an innocent man why would he be executed in Saudi Arabia ?

It is absolutely not nosiness and it is OUR business as it is OUR taxes that have fed and educated his children for 14years it is OUR taxes that have paid for him to be flown from Cuba . it is OUR taxes that have paid his legal aid and it will be OUR taxes that will foot any compensation .

No we have justice in thei country and Justice must not only be done but BE SEEN TO BE DONE .

I don't see justice here .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-11-2015, 11:33 AM

I don't see justice either, he was illegally imprisoned and is being compensated for that - to me that is a admission the government did wrong not that he did anything illegal.

It amazes me so many want a government who can just take people at random to torture and imprison them for more than a decade with no trial. Not a country I would want to experience and not one we live in as they have admitted they were wrong doing it thankfully.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:50 AM

I posted this on page 1 of this site, but it seems to have been overlooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzTy1vZeVno
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't see justice either, he was illegally imprisoned and is being compensated for that - to me that is a admission the government did wrong not that he did anything illegal.

It amazes me so many want a government who can just take people at random to torture and imprison them for more than a decade with no trial. Not a country I would want to experience and not one we live in as they have admitted they were wrong doing it thankfully.
Hi

Well I for one do not want a Government who can randomly imprison people and torture them, and yes, if that was the case, he should be compensated.

What I do not understand is why you, and others, think that we should be the one's doing the compensating.

He is a Saudi Citizen, taken prisoner in Afghanistan , taken by the USA to a USA detention centre and incarcerated there,

Absolutely nothing to do with the UK at all and we should not be paying him a penny.

Page 13 of 30 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top