Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:52 PM

Re: It's That Time of Year Again! Arachnids!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The same thing happened to my son too, Morty.
He said he felt it tickling his face during the night.

I also remember last winter I picked my pillow up to squash it about, and a big fat spider had been sitting underneath it - I'd been laying on it and never knew.

I have looked under my pillow every night before i get into bed since!
Sure this has been put on this forum before but.....

One night I was closing the curtains. I must have been breathing in at the same time coz a spider flew off the top of the curtains and went straight down my throat, where it got stuck
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Sure this has been put on this forum before but.....

One night I was closing the curtains. I must have been breathing in at the same time coz a spider flew off the top of the curtains and went straight down my throat, where it got stuck

Gawd, thanks for that Nicol, I feel so much better now.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

Really?
I was walking down the road once and a fly flew straight into my face and I've never exhaled and spat so fast but ...ugh! Did it tickle?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:55 PM

Slightly off topic for a moment but the night time stories reminded me.

Once when I was on holiday a mosquito was flying around my head in the early hours and was about to launch into it's final attack. I could hear it but the room was pitch black. I stuck out my hand and clenched my fist like Grasshopper and was surprised to see the next morning that I had caught it in my hand.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Jem once told me a little story, about a spider that lived in his shed.
One day it lost a leg, so very carefully he cut a bristle from a paintbrush and stuck it on the said spider.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Slightly off topic for a moment but the night time stories reminded me.

Once when I was on holiday a mosquito was flying around my head in the early hours and was about to launch into it's final attack. I could hear it but the room was pitch black. I stuck out my hand and clenched my fist like Grasshopper and was surprised to see the next morning that I had caught it in my hand.

OK. I am impressed.

You perhaps remember how I suffer with insect bites every summer Dongles, so next year I would like to offer you the job of Chief Mosquito Exterminator at my place from May - Oct.

Would Mrs. Dongle mind?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Jem once told me a little story, about a spider that lived in his shed.
One day it lost a leg, so very carefully he cut a bristle from a paintbrush and stuck it on the said spider.
I like that story ..it shows an innate kindness for small beasties. But would a false eyelash have served better? For future leg losses.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 08:00 PM

There's a quite big spider in my living room, it runs across the carpet sometimes. It's only a matter of time til the dog spots it and pounces
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-09-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
OK. I am impressed.

You perhaps remember how I suffer with insect bites every summer Dongles, so next year I would like to offer you the job of Chief Mosquito Exterminator at my place from May - Oct.

Would Mrs. Dongle mind?
Not if we don't tell her Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-09-2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not if we don't tell her Mups.

I will write to you next spring to remind you.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top