Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 11:44 PM

Re: Rain and now Thunder

Originally Posted by bratti ->
i’m gonna be the oddball here but i love thunder storms. They’re awesome.
The sound of the thunder, the wind blowing in the trees and the sound of the rain beating down in the metal roof sounds amazing. Then there’s the light show. Oh. With some crazy good music it can be a therapeutic and spiritual experience.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’m gonna be the oddball here but I LOVE thunder storms. They’re awesome.
The sound of the thunder, the wind blowing in the trees and the sound of the rain beating down in the metal roof sounds amazing. Then there’s the light show. Oh. With some crazy good music it can be a therapeutic and spiritual experience.
I love thunder storms .... hate gales ... but love storms.
I love walking in them or sitting in the garden when they are on their way. You can sometimes smell the ozone in the air, like struck matches, just before it hits.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You can sometimes smell the ozone in the air, like struck matches, just before it hits.
You know I was going to mention the change in smell and how the energy changes with all the static in the air but I didn’t think anyone would relate to it.
Oh that is sooo cool.

They are magical and I’m not surprised why so many different cultures use rain dances as part of a ritual.
I find it very cool interesting.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 05:13 AM

I have been trying to fit in 3 or 4 days backpacking all this week, and my rucsac has been more or less packed since Saturday 15th, but I've been postponing it each day or two as a result of seeing the weather forecast.
Frustratingly, the weather has been fairly reasonable; yes, rain on a couple of mornings, and a bit breezy, but nothing desperate, and mostly reasonable sunshine.

But yesterday there was heavy, prolonged rain, and the forecast for the weekend is for more rain & storms
I woke up early today and the rain was blowing against the bedroom window, so I've postponed things again

I have some of the best backpacking gear available, and >40 years experience, but I will be going on my own, which would be a bit miserable so I'll try again on Monday when things are supposed to improve

However, i was determined to have something useful to show for my time, so I have mucked out and painted my two downstairs cupboards; it's amazing the stuff you just chuck in there, because you can.
Most of it is being thrown out
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I love thunder storms .... hate gales ... but love storms.
I love walking in them or sitting in the garden when they are on their way. You can sometimes smell the ozone in the air, like struck matches, just before it hits.

I love thunder storms too , I love it when the thunder rumbles through my body and then the flash of lightening is like static electricity shooting through . And I stand out in it too , then run like hell to hide
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 09:41 AM

It got a bit wild here last night!

The winds weren't too bad, gusting at about 40mph, but it was the rain that was the problem. I took the dog out for a wee at about 11.20pm and because of the wind the rain was horizontal and despite wearing a coat I got soaked, just being outside for 10 minutes. It went straight through me coat and I was soaked to the skin.

All quiet here now (only "damage" was a blown over pot with a Laurel in it) but it looks like the wind will increase again between 11am and 4pm so I'd better get on with the gardening!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’m gonna be the oddball here but I LOVE thunder storms. They’re awesome.
Not at all Bratti. I love them too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:26 PM

I enjoyed myself last night. I was out I the early hours throwing flower pots knowing that the wind would get the blame.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:42 PM

Heavy rain and strong winds here last night and this morning...

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top