Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:17 AM

Re: Utter Humiliation for Theresa May!

What most people don't realize is that the self centered remainers, who don't want their personal circumstances to change, are preventing us getting a reasonable deal with the EU

If we were a member and another country was trying to leave, we would be watching carefully to see how things went, before making our own decision on whether to stay or leave.
If we were doing that, would we be prepared to offer support to that country, when it's own people were fighting among themselves about whether to stay or leave?

There were several countries who were doubting that the EU was good for them, but I bet they have decided it is, when the pathetic remainers have made such an effort to try and overrule a democratic vote. The British People, who have fought so hard to make us stay, are making us appear weak so the EU are bound to think they can win.
Whether we liked the vote to leave, or not, we should all have been united in fighting for the best outcome for Britain, rather than complaining and trying to change it!

I am sure many British people were afraid to go to WW2, but they did because the Britain, we knew, was at risk of being destroyed. If our people are becoming so selfish that they only support actions that suit their needs, all I can say is " God help us if we have to rely on people like them to defend Britain from enemies!

The hardened remainers are responsible for the difficult position we are now in, so lets lay the blame on them!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 08:06 AM

Hi

I have serious issues with Theresa May.

I freely acknowledge them.

She was my Boss, it is no secret that we did not get on.

A personal view.

She does not listen to Civil Servants, do not blame them for the mess we are in.

She is a Control Freak, do not agree with her and you are out, she surrounds herself with yes people.

She was given every advice about how to win, how to deal with Article 50, she chose not to accept it.

There is a serious misconception on this Forum in that the Civil Service are absolute Remainders .

They are not, just simply frustrated that we have given way on so many things we had no need to do because of lack of Political backing.

I have never been a Principle , just a man in a suit.

I spent 3 years of my life, one day a week,doing Code Mapping for criminal convictions and suspected Terrorism.

A Unified System, better for all.

The French objected, because the codes where in English.

Every other EU Country accepted them, except the French.

My Political Masters sided with the French

End result, the Paris and Manchester attacks.

I have given up, nothing more I can do.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
That's it, tell them to get stuffed then we can happily make our way back to the Eighteenth century. No universal suffrage in those days, worst thing that ever happened was giving the working class a vote.
Spot on Purwell,
but don't forget we can trade with those ghost countries, we can search the supermarket shelves for the fruit and veg that is still rotting in fields, we can spend a lot more time in hospital because there are not enough NHS workers (100,000 vacancies at last count), we can cancel all foreign holidays because aircraft can't fly, we can sit in splendid isolation in care homes because there are not enough staff to look after us, we can see our savings disappear to those robber bankers because the deposit guarantee scheme is not longer guaranteed, and worst of all I might have to start washing my car because those lazy arse Brits won't do it.

Let's get back to raping and pillaging the commonwealth.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Spot on Purwell,
but don't forget we can trade with those ghost countries, we can search the supermarket shelves for the fruit and veg that is still rotting in fields, we can spend a lot more time in hospital because there are not enough NHS workers (100,000 vacancies at last count), we can cancel all foreign holidays because aircraft can't fly, we can sit in splendid isolation in care homes because there are not enough staff to look after us, we can see our savings disappear to those robber bankers because the deposit guarantee scheme is not longer guaranteed, and worst of all I might have to start washing my car because those lazy arse Brits won't do it.

Reading posts like this is the reason why I want out of the EU
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
What most people don't realize is that the self centered remainers, who don't want their personal circumstances to change, are preventing us getting a reasonable deal with the EU

If we were a member and another country was trying to leave, we would be watching carefully to see how things went, before making our own decision on whether to stay or leave.
If we were doing that, would we be prepared to offer support to that country, when it's own people were fighting among themselves about whether to stay or leave?

There were several countries who were doubting that the EU was good for them, but I bet they have decided it is, when the pathetic remainers have made such an effort to try and overrule a democratic vote. The British People, who have fought so hard to make us stay, are making us appear weak so the EU are bound to think they can win.
Whether we liked the vote to leave, or not, we should all have been united in fighting for the best outcome for Britain, rather than complaining and trying to change it!

I am sure many British people were afraid to go to WW2, but they did because the Britain, we knew, was at risk of being destroyed. If our people are becoming so selfish that they only support actions that suit their needs, all I can say is " God help us if we have to rely on people like them to defend Britain from enemies!

The hardened remainers are responsible for the difficult position we are now in, so lets lay the blame on them!
Well Said, Twink!

I would add that the UK is one of very few Countries which asked the public what it wanted, in terms of being in the EU.

We can shout, all we like, about Cameron doing his referendum but, at least we were asked!

It's clear that most of the other EU Countries will never take the risk of asking their electorate the same question.

After all, their electorate is too dumb, and ill informed, to make such a decision.

A couple were asked, and opted for "Out", but were frogmarched into changing their minds.

I have great hopes for Brexit. I feel that lots of pain will be felt, fired up mostly by some of our own remainers, but I predict that more countries will do the same, as us, once they can see us as friends who will help to give them a safer landing on the outside.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
This is all just rhetoric,bullsh*t and demonstrations to the half-billion+ residents of the EU,just how ''strong'' their elected ambassadors are. Except-they're not. The EU is bloody TERRIFIED of the thought of the UK actually leaving. Iceland left-told the EU to get knotted-and they survive happily. If you ever go to Reykjavik,what you WON'T see is resultant poverty form their decision to pull out. [without a 'deal',btw] Ok,that was a while ago...but the EU is becoming slowly-but-surely the United States of Germany,with it's grovelling subservient acolyte we call France acting as the clearing-house for all unwanted items. If Germa..oops,I mean the EU want a hard Irish border so desperately,let THEM erect it,staff it and run it! It'll be EXACTLY as they want/design it, with no accusations of the UK doing a 'Mickey Mouse' job of it. After all,THAT way they can't complain if [when] it doesn't work. If the EU REALLY doesn't want any country to leave-and not for a moment do I think the UK is the only country thinking ''Oops-This wasn't such a good idea after all''-the difference is,WE have thespian and spirit to look them in the eye and say "If the deal had been fair from day one, we wouldn't BE leaving!"
Well said, Pug.

Thanks for raising the matter of Iceland; something I had forgotten about.

Although Iceland and the UK are dissimilar, I too am convinced that we would not only survive leaving the EU, but would flourish after some initial disruption. We have survived worse.

What I'd really like to see is the arrogant and offensive EU politicians with egg on their faces.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Excellent post, Twink.

I suspect that some EU countries may be having second thoughts about continuing their membership, and am sure they are watching us with great interest. Equally, I think they wouldn't want to stick their necks out and support us just at the moment in case they, too, were 'punished' by their rulers.

I think it is imperative for us to leave completely next March and we must make a success of it. When others see us making good I'm sure they will give serious thought to following us, which is why the EU leaders are being as threatening as they can be; they would really like us to come crawling back!

As for our remoaners, I consider them beneath contempt. They are doing all they can to help ruin this country for their own personal gain. Seventy years ago we'd all be pulling together but, of course, British society is nothing like what it once was.
maxdecatt
New Member!
Somesret
maxdecatt is male 

22-09-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Remember when I asked for your opinion? Nah, me neither.
Yes, you can come back later ....just as you did in 1939 to pull us out from under the German jackboot. Admittedly that is something we had forgotten about. Speaking for the French, Dutch, Belgian, Polish and assorted other ingrates can we all please descend on London again to set ourselves up as governments in exile all cowering under the blanket of the protection of the UK? On those terms you can come back and it is likely to be sooner rather than later.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-09-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I spent 3 years of my life, one day a week,doing Code Mapping for criminal convictions and suspected Terrorism.

A Unified System, better for all.

The French objected, because the codes where in English.

Every other EU Country accepted them, except the French.
It is high time that we realise that the Frogs are, and always have been, our traditional enemy.

Ever since their 'little general' (Napoleon) failed to conquer Europe, thanks to us, they have despised us for it yet they always seem to come crawling back for our help (in both World Wars) when they prove nothing like as strong as they like to think they are.

I wouldn't trust them an inch.

After we have left, and when the Germans' little poodle begins to realise that they have been taken for mugs, we should certainly not put ourselves out to help them yet again.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Spot on Purwell,

Er, you forgot the bit about the sky falling down.

You do realise, of course, that you and your kind will, after we have successfully made good following Brexit, be despised by the majority of true Brits.

Perhaps you should quickly shuffle off to France before it's too late!

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top