Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:16 PM

Re: Utter Humiliation for Theresa May!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oh dear Purwell, you are so obvious. When debate is lost, slander and insults are the last tools of a loser!
Quote so .
And there are a lot about .
It used to be amusing but now its merely tedious .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The way politics works is that decisions are never set in stone and movements will influence change over time. Otherwise we would have the same government in power forever. The EU referendum is no different.
So if Compo and the loonies should get into government at the next GE, can I jump up and down and lobby my MP to reverse the election?

Do you think anyone would listen?

No. I'd have to wait for another several years to vote again.

Perhaps the remoaners should wait several years, by which time we'd have left the EU, and vote to rejoin.

If the vote is still to stay out, you could wait another several years to vote again to rejoin.

After all, that is exactly what the remoaners are demanding now; another referendum, although they'd like it to happen right now!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Not to mention an electorate with tiny brains.
Originally Posted by Judd ->
Oh, you do vote then?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:52 PM

What lovely intelligent people there are on this forum, all following their own agenda.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't understand this, Annie.

The remoaners are acting like children because they lost the vote.

So you are saying that the leavers are doing the same.
Why? Because they won the vote?

I think the root suggestion of this discussion is that once a majority voted to leave the EU, everyone should have accepted a democratic decision and let the government get on with honouring it.

No. Instead, the remoaners have done nothing but whinge about the decision and have done everything they can to try to persuade the government and the people that the decision was wrong and that it should be reversed.

In my opinion, that is not only anti-democratic but also childish!
The only people I see moaning these days are leave voters. A leave voting friend only just started another such thread on Facebook yesterday. I don't bother to post anything about Brexit any more or debate with people I know in real life. But the leave voters I know are constantly going for it.

Anyway, about Iceland you haven't addressed my earlier questions.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Quote so .
And there are a lot about .
It used to be amusing but now its merely tedious .
You always have been tedious.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:57 PM

So if Compo and the loonies should get into government at the next GE, can I jump up and down and lobby my MP to reverse the election?

Do you think anyone would listen?

No. I'd have to wait for another several years to vote again.
No decisions are set in stone in politics unless you are in a dictatorship. The next few years after an election the losing side spends all their energies attacking the ruling side. I don't see why brexit should be any less fair game for that. Particularly when there's no clear strategy. But as I've already said I just want them to agree a sensible deal.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-09-2018, 08:34 PM

I don't bother to post anything about Brexit any more
You just did!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-09-2018, 08:39 PM

No decisions are set in stone in politics unless you are in a dictatorship. The next few years after an election the losing side spends all their energies attacking the ruling side. I don't see why brexit should be any less fair game for that. Particularly when there's no clear strategy. But as I've already said I just want them to agree a sensible deal.
Indeed. That's the consequence of our two party system. It has always been like that.

Still, when UKIP rises up again that could change.

The only way this country is ever going to get back on its feet properly is if British people would learn to pull together - just like the did in the war when we were under threat.

Well, we're under threat now from the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-09-2018, 09:20 PM

You just did!
I didn't mean on here, I meant on Facebook etc where I know people in real life .

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top