Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:46 AM

Re: Do you ever get the urge to...

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh, gosh yes. My favorite happened when my son was in his middle school years, that time in a boy's life in which they wish they didn't have navels because it proves that they have a mother somewhere .

But I digress.

My son, daughter, and I were in a department store shopping for school clothes, when over the din of my son's moaning and groaning, one of my favorite songs came on over the speakers. Not to be dissuaded by his grumpy mood, I began to subtly dance while working my way through the clothing racks.

Just as he was telling me to stop , the sales clerk approached over and said, "Well if you are going to embarrass him, why not do it right!" He asked me if I could swing dance, and we broke into an East Coast swing right there between the jackets and the jeans.

It was SO much fun...but the party pooper was mortified. My daughter was thrilled. She had no idea that her mom could dance like that .

I now have only one child in my will .
Love it!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:48 AM

The only urge I get in the supermarket is too leave my trolley full of food and storm out...... actually, I have done that several times which is silly because I only have to go back again.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh, gosh yes. My favorite happened when my son was in his middle school years, that time in a boy's life in which they wish they didn't have navels because it proves that they have a mother somewhere .

But I digress.

My son, daughter, and I were in a department store shopping for school clothes, when over the din of my son's moaning and groaning, one of my favorite songs came on over the speakers. Not to be dissuaded by his grumpy mood, I began to subtly dance while working my way through the clothing racks.

Just as he was telling me to stop , the sales clerk approached over and said, "Well if you are going to embarrass him, why not do it right!" He asked me if I could swing dance, and we broke into an East Coast swing right there between the jackets and the jeans.

It was SO much fun...but the party pooper was mortified. My daughter was thrilled. She had no idea that her mom could dance like that .

I now have only one child in my will .
It might be on cctv somewhere
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:26 PM

I get the urge to open all the coffee jars and poke my finger through the stretched, pristine, foil covers
I love the popping sound and sense of dramatic climax for my finger!
And then the smell...

Anybody want to join me?!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I get the urge to open all the coffee jars and poke my finger through the stretched, pristine, foil covers
I love the popping sound and sense of dramatic climax for my finger!
And then the smell...

Anybody want to join me?!!
HaHa!..... and l thought l was bad wanting to squeeze a Swiss roll!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:17 PM

Well one things for sure..It would certainly be fun shopping with you lot .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'd love to knock a neatly stacked display down, might do it one day, accidentally of course. I often get the urge to push in to the front of a long queue but then I don't fancy getting punched so I patiently wait my turn, well, impatiently I mean.
Oh my goodness, yes, that brought back memories of the weekly shopping trips to the supermarket before I started having home deliveries.

Nothing annoyed me more than when I used to stand patiently awaiting my turn to be served at the Deli counter holding my ticket number in my hand, when guaranteed, some pillock would saunter up to the counter, not bother with getting a numbered ticket for their place in the queue, and just expect to be served immediately!! Grrr! what made it even worse sometime, was the lazy, indifferent shop assistant sometimes didn't bother to call out or ask them for their ticket number and proceeded to serve them!
(except when I was next of course!) wasn't having any of that!!!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
This has happened to me too Blue, I was once in a Supermarket with my niece and a full trolley when I was hit by a horrible panic attack, I said to my niece, I'm out of here and ran out leaving my trolley full of food in the middle of the supermarket, my niece wondered what the heck was wrong.

I never went back in, I needed to get home to the safety of my own home.

Horrible things those panic attacks. You have my sympathies Bluey xxx
Oh yes Lion, that are horrible. Last week I was on the phone to my TV service provider, and I had to push, one, two, etc etc.....then a transfer, then on hold for at least 20 minutes, and by the time a service advisor answered....I couldn't talk, I got a panic attack, so I said "never mind" !!! and I hung up.....he must have thought I was crazy waiting all that time, then hanging up when he answered, but it was so stressful sitting on that phone waiting to get someone to answer....

And the same back to you Lion xxx
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The only urge I get in the supermarket is too leave my trolley full of food and storm out...... actually, I have done that several times which is silly because I only have to go back again.
I remember you telling me that you like to rush in and out.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:57 PM

Oh Colin

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top