Join for free
Page 25 of 56 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:07 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

If any of you read the warning leaflets on any medication, it will scare you , so unless you never take any medicines, you may suffer some minor side effects to any of them.
Everybody has a personal choice about taking any medicine, so the question you should ask yourself is " Are these side effects as bad as the illness they are prescribed to treat or prevent?"

All medicines are strongly tested, so the next question you should ask yourself is "Who do you trust most?"

Is it the pharmaceutical company, who spend a lot of the money they make on finding further ways to treat or avoid potentially fatal illness?

Or maybe you prefer to trust the NHS having sufficient money to save your life if you don't take the medicine?

Either way, it is your choice and, as there are no guarantees either way, it is a gamble so no advice can guarantee your safety

That is why I make up my own mind, instead of listening to others..... and despite having type 1 diabetes for 35 years & small cell cancer, I have survived and am still here with no related health problems!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My friend always had flu jab but sadly she died last year of the flu! I.m undecided what to do this year as i.ve had it for last 5 years but last year I had 3 chest infections and pneumonia all in quick succession of each other.

I wonder why they can't do one flu jab that would last forever instead of yearly,
but then that wouldn't benefit the pharmaceutical companies would it.

Funny you should say that LQ.
I saw this in yesterday's paper:

" A vaccine that protects for life against all strains of flu has been successfully tested on mice.

It could end hit-or-miss annual jabs by targeting a part of the cirus that varies least - and even eradicate the common cold.

Scientists found mice staved off a potentially lethal dose of a flu firus that circulated in 1034.
Current jabs help the body to recognise toxic chemicals called antigens. The new one instead looks for tiny bits of these antigens known as epitopes.

Dr. Craig Thompson of Oxford University said the new approach "could revolutionise the way we develop vaccines."

Make of it as you will.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

" A vaccine that protects for life against all strains of flu has been successfully tested on mice.

It could end hit-or-miss annual jabs by targeting a part of the cirus that varies least - and even eradicate the common cold.

Scientists found mice staved off a potentially lethal dose of a flu firus that circulated in 1034.
Current jabs help the body to recognise toxic chemicals called antigens. The new one instead looks for tiny bits of these antigens known as epitopes.

Dr. Craig Thompson of Oxford University said the new approach "could revolutionise the way we develop vaccines."

Make of it as you will.
That is very interesting Mups.....but if they are right, god knows what we will argue about in the following autumn!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:22 PM

Make of it as you will.
wonder when they are planning to test it on humans
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Make of it as you will.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is very interesting Mups.....but if they are right, god knows what we will argue about in the following autumn!
Why we're over run by Mice.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

23-09-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Why we're over run by Mice.
I think you missed my point, which had no connection to the number of mice being killed caricature!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:40 PM

I think you missed my point, which had no connection to the number of mice being killed caricature!
You missed my point,a vaccine that protects for life tested on mice which suggest's mice succumb to flu as well.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:13 PM

If any of you read the warning leaflets on any medication, it will scare you , so unless you never take any medicines, you may suffer some minor side effects to any of them.
An outrageous put down of what is a vitally important aspect of making an informed decision ! There are some VERY SERIOUS adverse impacts to health from all vaccines. Reading the label should be a priority for everyone and the statements you find there should be taken EXTREMELY seriously.

so the question you should ask yourself is " Are these side effects as bad as the illness they are prescribed to treat or prevent?"
I disagree. The question one should FIRST ask is "has there been any scientific research and study of the vaccine which proves its efficacy and was the research impartial of funded by the manufacturers?"

If there is no such research then frankly the side effects are not of interest, there's simply no point considering the vaccine further.

All medicines are strongly tested, so the next question you should ask yourself is "Who do you trust most?"
WOW this is incredibly ignorant and misguided. Vaccines are absolutely NOT strongly tested. It's this kind of naivety that leads people into the greedy hands of Big Pharma products and treatments.

I don't make that statement lightly and as always it behoves me to back it up.

Here once again is the package insert from the former flu vaccine FLULAVAL. You seem to agree with reading vaccine package inserts so let's look again at the SHOCKING revelations that this vaccine insert revealed

There it is in BLACK & WHITE on the actual vaccine package insert:

"There have been no controlled trials adequately demonstrating a decrease in influenza disease after vaccination with FLULAVAL"

I mean My God ! The actual packet itself states clearly that the vaccine is useless. You'd have to be supremely dim or in utter denial to have that vaccine imho !

The same package insert also states:

"Safety and effectiveness of FLULAVAL in pediatric patients have not been established"

and

"FLULAVAL has not been evaluated for carcinogenic or mutagenic potential, or for impairment of fertility"

To suggest that vaccines are "strongly tested" is wholly wrong and horribly misleading. People MUST read the labels and be sure to do their research. It's not about "who do you believe", it is about pure hard evidence.

The evidence shows clearly that the flu vaccines are totally useless and a waste of time and yet give everyone the risk of the serious side effects and impacts to their health.

and despite having type 1 diabetes for 35 years & small cell cancer, I have survived and am still here with no related health problems!
I'm sorry you've been through difficult health problems, sincerely, but they cloud your judgement in regards to these vaccinations. We must put aside emotional anecdotes and look at the cold hard evidence if we are going to protect ourselves and our health. The flu vaccine remains the flu vaccine no matter what former health problems any of us have had or still have. Nothing will change the facts.

The facts show that it's a fraudulent big business scam being marketed on a deliberate campaign of fear and scare tactics.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:03 PM

Some further useful info regarding the lack of testing of vaccines and their safety, for those seriously interested in making an informed decision.

If you are in the UK the flu vaccine you are likely to be offered is FLUAD.

Read through the FDA document below that contains all the information about this vaccine.

https://www.fda.gov/downloads/biolog.../ucm474387.pdf

It contains the following worrying statements:

"Data demonstrating a decrease in influenza disease after vaccination with FLUAD are not available"

"Vaccination with FLUAD may not protect all vaccine recipients against influenza disease."

"There are no data to assess the concomitant administration of FLUAD with other vaccines"

"There are, however, no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women"

"The safety and effectiveness of FLUAD in the paediatric population have not been established"

"FLUAD has not been evaluated for carcinogenic or mutagenic potential, or for impairment of male fertility in animals"

Interestingly this FDA document also makes the worrying admission that:

"The 1976 swine influenza vaccine was associated with an elevated risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome"
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:05 PM

248 replies on the flu thread? wow, I can hardly believe it. I wonder what is in there, haha, I cannot begin to read 248 replies....so I will have to pass.

I will be getting my flu shot in October sometime. I get it every year. I get the pnemonia shot every 5 years and I get the shingles vaccine every 10 years,,,

Page 25 of 56 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top